chocolate fishing report 2-26-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chocolate fishing report 2-26-12

Hey y'all, been a long time since I've reported, missed you guys, last time I reported on here was when castaway had to tow ne back to the docks LOL anyways, went out today with little brother and didn't catch anything, we went out at around 9 towards the bay looking for some birds working and didn't see any action, then moved more in towers 2004 bridge working along the east side buoys and could not even get a gaftop to latch on, what the heck, water was still a little dirty looking and the wind picked up on us between 10-12 o'clock, but the sun was out so it was nice out I suppose lol going back out Thursday to try again, happy fishing y'all
    Keep your booger hook off the bang switch!!

Glad you got out there. The 65 people that entered the tournament probably caught all the fish. A few were released to fight another day.
    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

LOL that's what I thought, my buddy fished the tournament yesterday and him and.my other buddy didn't catch squat, thought I'd have a little better luck than that, but I'm still learning chocolate, I don't know it very well or I'm sure I could have done a little better or known where to go lol

Comment

Keep grinding...
        KEEP IT WET..

Comment

same here man. we launched at 730 and didnt pull out until 430. went all the way down to where the channel splits off and back and tried every different type of bottom on the map. my buddy and I only caught 2 rat reds (1ea) freelining shrimp of all things! I chalked it up to being unfamiliar with the area since that was my first time and we are not unfamiliar with being skunked but man it was tough haha

Comment

If there is some tide movement, anchor up at marker 43 and throw some Gulps. You never know what you will bring up.

Comment

Thanks buoy, ya I'm still trying to learn the area espicoally when y'all use names for areas that aren't on any Google map or android map LOL like the sulphur pits? Or stuff like that, but I mainly just run for birds and slicks, I was gonna post a thread on here about trying to see if anybody could draw a map up of the names of spots and such, not that I want THEIR fishing honey holes, just so that if I have a report or I'm reading a report I can relate with y'all, but again thanks buoy, I'm going out Thursday with my dad and we will try there

Comment

Originally posted by TheRooster View Post
                Thanks buoy, ..... again thanks buoy
                No bro. It's you that I should be thanking. I was in the boat with castaway300 the day you were towed in. I learned the proper way to tow someone in that morning.

Keep gringing and most important, keep participating on the forum. As these guys get to know you and read that you are putting in the time and effort, I am sure new spots will offered up.

Comment

That was you?!?! Haha right on man, ya y'all saved my butt that day for.sure, I owe y'all for sure, and ya I understand that, I just had ALOT of bad luck with motors lately and finely got my motor running so I can actually get on the water now, and not have to worry about stalling and getting towed by buoy and castaway haha

Comment

try some live mullet next time.
                    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X