3/1 Chocolate report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/1 Chocolate report

Put in at Lutes this morning and just got on plane when I saw a Ton of swirls along the bank. I shut it down and started throwing towards a little drain where most of the swirls and splashes were happening. I didn't catch anything, but I saw a head pop out of the water.. (Thinking otter or alligator, but I have seen some otter and never a gator, so I am thinking an otter was catching some fish spilling out of the drain. He was tearing up the water and splashing it up good. I wanted to go into camera mode, but the sun wasn't up yet.
    Moved out to the bay and found my flounder had come back home so I had dinner taken care of. Then I moved to a back lake and found an acre of swirls and splashes ! I was in the middle of all the activity and could get anything to hit. (Dark sky/ dirty water) I was throwing dark plastics, paddle tails, rat tails, switching often.. Then I went to a lighter color (Amber/Chartruse) and hung into something that started pulling drag ! Got close enough to see a 20"+ Flounder that shouldn't have been there then she spit the hook.
    I got bored of seeing all that activity and not catching anything so I rode back to the bayou and looked around for another hour or so before I called it. Coming back to Lutes to go home, I saw an Alligator sittin on a log at Petersons. I did a quick turnaround and started taking pictures be he bolted. That was my 1st gator sighting in Chocolate.
    So, my report is 4 Flounder boxed. 4 Osprey, 1 Gator, 2 Otter, 6 Egrets, 15 Rosette Spoonbills and 100 Redfish seen.
    TINFIC

Great report!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good report them otters making the rounds
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Yesterday was a funky day. I lost a slam, had a throw back trout and saw dozens of red fish too. No takers but lotsa movement and scared bait.....

Comment

Sawdust and myself fished the bay yesterday. Picked up a few trout off the channel,all small. Did hang a big flat back in New Bayou, he spit the jig soft plastic at the boat. Best water we found was out from the narrows but man the oyster shells were thick. We made it back to our first spot as the tug and barges went through and a 4' alligator gar came up by the boat like a ling. haven't seen that in a while. Wind picked up around noon thirty and we headed in.

Comment

Nice reports!
            "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

The Gator's are everywhere with all this fresh water.The saltwater is so fresh the skeeter's are landing on it.
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I seen an 8' around Carancua cut -actually west of there-thought it was a log at first. Dang thing was 100 yards out, so watch out when wading-them suckers can get nasty and will go after your stringer.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                X