3-05-12 pm report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-05-12 pm report

My wife, son, and a buddy of mine hit the water yesterday afternoon in search for some trout/red action. The wind was blowing pretty good and it made for a cool (temp) afternoon. I started to set up a few drifts in the open bay, but the waves were a little much for my 2 yr old. So we decided to head into one of the back lakes and see what we could pull out of it.

The water was chocolate of course and was lower than I have seen it in a while. It did not take it long to clear up with the hard incoming tide. Usually when there is a stong tide like that the flounder feed aggrresively and that was the case yesterday.

We pitched light jig heads up current and let them go to work. We caught fish on just about any lure you threw at 'em. But, we did not catch any reds/trout that we sought out after. We landed about 15 flounder, but only two were big enough for the box.

Highlight of the day... My boy used my curado and caught his first fish on his own. Of course, I cast it and helped hold the rod up, but he reeled it in and got the fish to hit and brought the potato chip all the way in.

Great times....

DB
    Attached Files
    KEEP IT WET..

I love seeing the "little guy" in action. Keep it up!!!!

I almost took my 2 yr old nephew Saturday, but the boy was too worked up to be still

Comment

Great pics!
      West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Great going on the family trip, just love to see kids light up when fishing if it's catching a fish to playing with the bait.
        "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Great job Dad!
          fish caller

Comment

Oh yeah! Looks like you've got a good fishing partner there! Love the pic of him in the sunglasses!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

The kid looks like a pro already. Great job! Love those flounder.
              "I love this country, it's the government I'm afraid of!"

Comment

I think kid fishing reports are great. Great work. Thanks for the photos, made my day.

JYC
                "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Awesome job little guy he got his own rod and reel yet if not i got a cu 200 and 6,6 coastal series all star he can have.
                  75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

Good Job

Comment

Good Job Dad, I love to see the young ones on the water... rep coming your way... Clean my boat when you get done with it to thanks...
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

WTG and darn good looking hat your son is wearing!! Go Horns!
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

That's cool!
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

thanks 4 the report
                            the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

That's awsome them kids grow fast don't blink.

Comment

Working...
                              X