Funday Skunk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funday Skunk!

Went out with a buddy to his Halls Bayou cabin late Saturday about 7, met a couple more friends, set up the lights and commenced to having a great time. There was no bait in the bayou that night so most of our time was spent playing poker and fishing for cold ones. Got up about 6:30 to a foggy morning (in several ways, LOL). We jumped in the boat and worked our way through some scary fog into Chocolate. We made a few drifts with topwaters and decided to risk a trip to Christmas. I don't know how we missed all those reefs, but we managed to survive the trip and started throwing fatboys and gulp on a popping cork. I finally caught a little 13" trout over shell and that was the end of it.
    We got back to camp about 1 and met some more friends and relaxed in the shade to lick our wounds. I made a few more casts off the porch and got a couple nibbles, but that was it. It was a beautiful day on the water! I can't wait to go back and do it all again!
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; March 26, 2012, 01:12 PM. Reason: punctuation
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Sound like a fun time. Told you there were no fish in Chocolate.

You will get em next time.
    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Halls bayou will take you to some great memorys!! glad ya had a good time!!
      West Bay Sensai...

Comment

No fish in Christmas either! LOL!

Comment

Wasting your time chunkin' in Halls...none there either
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
            Sound like a fun time. Told you there were no fish in Chocolate.

You will get em next time.
            We caught the trout in Chocolate today, until a blue boat ran 50 yard away where we were caching them, and the bite stopped, but we did managed to keep 13 trout 4 flounder

Comment

Is halls any good I try it about 4 times a year can usually find flounder by the drain pipe but never much luck elsewhere. I know no one is going to give up secrets but whereas I can kick *** on new and chocolate I can't on halls. Is I applied myself on halls can I count on doing as well there as at the other spots

Comment

Halls is like anyplace else: sometimes they're biting and sometimes they aren't. I know it sounds smug ('cause that's what I thought when I first heard someone say it), just learn what the area has to offer. There is so dang much that mother nature can tell us if we only watch, listen and learn.
                For instance, there's a spot in Offats that I drive by twice every day I go to work. For the past week I've seen the birds working one particular area hard in the evening on bluebird days. I know the fish are there. I'll file that away and use it someday. It was free info, all I had to do was pay attention and notice it. Halls can be the same way. Just watch and learn its mysteries.

Comment

Working...
                X