Sunday's fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday's fun

Was invited to go fish with my buddy Dave & his son Shawn on Sunday. The game plan was to hit Christmas bay first then head over to Greens bayou. We pulled into Christmas bay & the shad were thick & being hammered, had several good hits on the first drift but no takers, looked back & there were several boats anchored up where we were getting our hits so we just kept drifting down. Shawn wanted to learn to fly fish & spent some time teaching him to cast, some more practice & he will have it down, the wind started picking up & we took off to Greens, on the way there we decided to turn back & fish the bay. We pulled up to a grass shoreline & started drifting, Shawn wanted to wade & asked me if I would wade with him. We jumped in, then his father joined us, Dave hooked up first with a rat red, then Shawn gets hammered & pulls up a 19" flounder, this is his second time to wade & his first fish while wading, well Dave looks at me & says guess I will be wading more now, his son enjoyed being in the water. Dave hooks on to a keeper red & I went home with not one fish but enjoyed the day with some good friends & watching Shawn light up with his fish made my day.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0307.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	571580
    Attached Files
    Today is a new day!!

That sounds like a fun day. Glad you made it out there.
    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

nice!
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

DAWG!!!!

Comment

Good times for sure. Congrats.
          "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Great report, thanks for posting !
            "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Nice job Dawg!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sean.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	556546 Here is a pic of Sean with his flounder.
                Today is a new day!!

Comment

Working...
                X