Chocolate Bay and Bayou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bay and Bayou

Anyone know how the bayou and bay has been looking lately. Is the bayou still pretty fresh? Has the wind been churning the bay up lately. Working on my plan of attack for this weekend LOL. Tight lines and happy fishing

Last weekend I would have sugested to start at the 2004 bridge, due to the fresh water

With the wind and tides I expect the bayou to improve, but his week will tell us a bunch

If the wind stays out of the SE to east we are good ..... but any wind with south will make the water clarity tough ....

Drift fishing has been best for trout ... and reds and flounder are on the shorlines

NOTE: if you get into a bite of small reds move .... as there are 3 schools of redfish in Chocolate- (16-18"), (19-21"), (above 21")
    We spent 2 hours and two qrts of shrimp on a school of the small ones and did not keep a one...too small

It was fun caching them on every cast, but for a tournament, you don't want to waste your time
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Water clarity is better the further you go out in the bay. As far as the salt it seems to be fine caught trout from the bridge to alligator head yesterday.

This weekend will probably be tough with all of the wind, but the fish are there it is just a matter of finding them.

Just follow Muddskipper around...
      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
        Just follow Muddskipper around...
        LOL! Excellent advice!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Learned something new. Didnt know that about reds. I usually kept fishing in a spot hoping big brother would show up. Have yet to find or see schools of large redfish. I only find a keeper here or there as i hit spot just right. Then move on thinking that was the only one there. Have a lot to learn about reds i see. Trout no problem catching. Could always put a gps locator on his boat and keep track of him that way lol

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

It was terrible sat and Sunday water looked like red clay
            75% Saltwater 5% led 20 % soft plastic 99% Alcohol 500% Fish stories = the make up of an angler.

Comment

I'm going tomorrow, will report.

Comment

I will be out there at 3 today with the Marsh Rat !
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                  I will be out there at 3 today with the Marsh Rat !
                  I have been seeing him at the ramp and he has had some good fish. Good luck.

I may be going as well.
                  KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
                    I have been seeing him at the ramp and he has had some good fish. Good luck.

I may be going as well.
                    Yeh he gave me a call ,him and the legend been getting some good flounder

Comment

A guey!!!......thats my avatar.
                      Kumala the Ugandan giant

Comment

Had a good trip with mr Reed marsh ratt,seeing lots of shad,finished the day with 3 flounder ,two reds and a trout

Comment

WTG sounds like a good trip fishing

Comment

Nice! Great trip for sure. It won't be long until they start showing in full force.
                            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                            X