Lowrance HDS-7 Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowrance HDS-7 Help

The wife and I just picked up a Lowrance HDS-7 2nd generation. Couple of questions if anyone can help.

1. Should I get the scanning add-on? It doesn't seem worth it to me but wondering.
    2. Is there a specific SD card map you recommend for the Chocolate Bay area?

We are still learning the area and hoping this unit helps. Any other thought, or good spots I can program would be appreciated. We need 4' or more as our boat runs deep.

Mike & Tina

4' in Chocolate - stay in the ICW.
    KEEP IT WET..

Comment

If you fish the jetties or out in the gulf the sidescan is supposed to work great, I don't have it but know of a few that do and love it.

I think Lori on here posted she had it installed on her boat.

If I had the spare change I would be all over it for my HDS 7.
      "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Let's do a tour one evening
        FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Sounds good to me. Hopefully I will be able to figure it out quick. We should be up there the next few weekends.

Comment

We are heading to Lutes tonight and hoping the installation goes well. Hopefully We will be in the water shortly after sunrise.

QUESTION: Should I mount the transducer in the water off the back. I was told the only advantage to doing that rather than inside the boat on the bottom is I can get the water temperature. Any thoughts???

Comment

Thru hull transducers S U K ..... just out it off the transom ....away from the turbulance
              FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Working...
              X