Went gigging last night with a Rod & Reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went gigging last night with a Rod & Reel

Set out from the bridge at 9:00 for a moon light run. We fished the edges of the salt grass around the bay complex and managed to snag a few more flounder. All caught with the same lures as the previous post. They were aggresive when they hit, but the bites were few and far between. I had my limit, but my brother decided not to net it in time (well I could have got it near him)...

He managed two dink reds and I got 4 flounder to 22"s. Got the big girl deep so she had to come home. Now I sit here at my desk tired as hell, but it was all worth the run. We fished till 3 a.m. and the tide was moving the whole time.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	6-5-12 flounder.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	572051
    As far as the guy I almost ran over at 2:45 this morning in the ICW "TURN" your lights on. That is a good way to get yourself or someone else killed. I am just glad I could see you in the moonlight...

Take care,

DB
    KEEP IT WET..

Nice haul ! And good eye for the idiot with no,lights
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Nice fish, I can't believe how many people run w/o lights down there. I almost hit a guy by the bridge the other evening, he was sitting in the middle waiting on his buddy to back the trailer in. Sadly someone will get run over sooner than later with all the traffic and no running lights

Comment

Stop and take a picture of the idiot and post him up and embarass the crap outta him. Make sure to use your flash and blind his stupid azz.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

X2
          A Living Legend

Comment

X3!
            Nice flatties guy. I didn't know you were a flounder slayer!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice job. Love it out there at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                X3!
                Nice flatties guy. I didn't know you were a flounder slayer!
                I don't discremenate. I will pretty much try and slay anything, just been getting lucky.

Also, I still have the reds for you.
                KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Sweeeeeeet
                  10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Nice job on the flatties !
                    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

nice fish!
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

GC13 is one of the baddest dudes out there.

Good going!

Comment

Nice ... ! I'm headed out there tonight to see what we can't do ... if you see the Gator-Trax ... that's us ...

Comment

Working...
                          X