6/10 Chocolate Morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/10 Chocolate Morning

Headed south out of 2004 ramp in the AM to light winds and calm conditions. Buddy and i jumped out for a wade over mud/shell near the coast line using artificals and picked up a couple undersized specks/reds/and flounder. Also caught a number of blue cats, wasnt expecting them that far down south. Left the area with a nice flounder and speck. Waded a couple other reefs and drifted a couple other spots with no luck. Started getting hot so we were on the road back home by noon. 1st time taking the boat out this year so i was glad it ran well.

Blue Cats? ... I have seen some wierd looking hard heads but never any blues, especially that far south with it being salty north of Lutes Marine ....

and on lures too ....
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Ya I've caught some blues in clear lake after a good rain. The salinity gets all jacked up and they move down. Sure you did the "holy crap that's a big hard head" look before you figured out they were blues. Thanks for the report!

Comment

tough day i knew of three boats out this morning herd from 2 of them and it was pretty slow they ended up w about 3-4 fish per boat

Comment

mikey01 had 6 good ones on the rope and mr shark drug him around till his stringer busted loose this morning he left a butterfinger in the water!
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

lmao barham butterfinger!
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

X2
              "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
              X