Lots of cOmpanY out there today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of cOmpanY out there today

Put the boat in at 2004 around 7am and headed north. Traffic up and down the bayou was relatively light, seemed that most folks were headed south to the bay. Started fishing the points, and throwing some handlines for crabs. Pretty much had the entire area north of the bridge to myself.

Around 8:30am, hooked what appeared to be a nice Red, he got on at near my max casting distance, so had a really nice battle... three line peeling runs... then as I got him about 10 feet from the boat, he threw the lure. Can't swear it was a red, but looked like one from what I saw.

At 9am, here came the people! In a matter of minutes, there were 4 boats stopping in the vicinity. Now, I'm not saying they saw me with the fish on, because I'm sure they didn't. But here they came...

Heres a map of the activity... Boat 1 pulled in around 9am, boat 2 around 9:10, boat three around 9:15, and boat 4 came blasting by into the shallow water back into the bend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	boat map.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	572291

Name:	boat1.jpg
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	572294

Name:	boat2.jpg
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	572293

Name:	boat3.jpg
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	572292

No photo of boat 4.

Anyway, it was no big deal, enjoyed the company, but I hope that no one mistakes me for someone who actually knows what I am doing. I'm basically limited to fishing a mile either side of the bridge, and don't have a clue about where the fish are. Besides, everyone knows there are no fish in Chocolate.

Did get some nice crabs though, here's a sample:

Name:	crabs.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	572295

Hope everyone had a good day out there and stayed dry.

Hahaha......welcome to the bayou!

I don't think they were potlickin'. That is usually how it is in that area. You had one of my favorite spots.

Comment

I dont know the boats, But those are some NICE CRABS!!

Comment

It's tough for us weekend warriors. Great crabs!
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. I didn't really think they were potlickin', and they weren't bothering me. The few times I have put in at 2004, this area does seem to be popular. Generally at least 1 boat in the area. Hey, and that's a good thing, if my trolling motor ever craps out, maybe I can get a tow back to the bridge!!

From the conversations I heard in boat 2, they were using live shrimp and catching a few croakers.

The water in the channel was definitely flowing south, and it was very fresh, at least on top.

Comment

Boat 1 was Elmer. He keeps his boat next to mine. He fishes there all the time. Hes a really cool dude.
            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Boat 2 had dead shrimp, they went to Lutes to buy more and I gave them the rest of my live. They said they had caught a lot of croaker.

Comment

Corndog said "Boat 1 was Elmer. He keeps his boat next to mine. He fishes there all the time. Hes a really cool dude."

Tell Elmer I said "hello". I'd be happy to share the bayou with him anytime. And really, since I am new to fishing chocolate, I hope Elmer doesn't mind sharing with me! I think I remember seeing his pontoon boat a few weeks ago too.
                Last edited by Little Boat; July 14, 2012, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Man I love fishing Mondays!!
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by KennyWayne View Post
                    Boat 2 had dead shrimp, they went to Lutes to buy more and I gave them the rest of my live. They said they had caught a lot of croaker.
                    They sounded like they were having alot of fun along with catching the fish. Several kids in the boat, it was constant activity... "Hey, you casted where I was going to cast!" etc.

Quote from the lady in the boat: "I didn't lay anything out for supper, looks like we're having FRESH FISH!"

Comment

Come on weekdays!
                      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
                        Come on weekdays!

I hate having to work I wish i was off on the weekdays

Comment

Working...
                        X