Nice Morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Morning!

Made a trip out this am by loading up on a huge qt. of nice size bait shrimp and I also had a boat load of 2 grandsons.The overcast was a saving grace and we even had a small shower sprinkle down on the 3 of us heading out to between 43 and 45 green buoys. I have a wonderful spot there on a point with a few oyster beds and even some grass meadows that I fished back years ago. Its a producer when you have 2 grandsons to try and impress. We caught several legal gafftop that were tossed back for others to snag and I lost count of the croakers. The youngest hooked a nice size trout but the cutie jumped the hook at the boat. I did some grandfatherly comforting and cussed to myself under my breath. After a pleasing am the east-s-east winds came out of nowhere so we headed up the stream. Both got a chance at the helm and with my coaching and nervous sweats and instructions to go slow and steady especially around other fishermen, we made it up and back to Lutes. BUT not before seeing a small boy land a nice platter size flounder at one of the houses below the 138KV line crossing the bayou. We slowed almost to stop and hollered "good job" and we could have seen the smile from the Florida Keys!!! Made our trip out that much better! Overall a great day and morning!! Don't know about any other catches but surely some fishes were iglooed by someone!
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
    Made a trip out this am by loading up on a huge qt. of nice size bait shrimp and I also had a boat load of 2 grandsons.The overcast was a saving grace and we even had a small shower sprinkle down on the 3 of us heading out to between 43 and 45 green buoys. I have a wonderful spot there on a point with a few oyster beds and even some grass meadows that I fished back years ago. Its a producer when you have 2 grandsons to try and impress. We caught several legal gafftop that were tossed back for others to snag and I lost count of the croakers. The youngest hooked a nice size trout but the cutie jumped the hook at the boat. I did some grandfatherly comforting and cussed to myself under my breath. After a pleasing am the east-s-east winds came out of nowhere so we headed up the stream. Both got a chance at the helm and with my coaching and nervous sweats and instructions to go slow and steady especially around other fishermen, we made it up and back to Lutes. BUT not before seeing a small boy land a nice platter size flounder at one of the houses below the 138KV line crossing the bayou. We slowed almost to stop and hollered "good job" and we could have seen the smile from the Florida Keys!!! Made our trip out that much better! Overall a great day and morning!! Don't know about any other catches but surely some fishes were iglooed by someone!
    Priceless morning!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a great morning.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice Morning!

Great report and can't wait until my Grandkids (2 & 3 mo.) are ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well done! Teach them early, it is the trip not the fish, they are a bonus.
          2X on the can't wait till my grandson is ready to go (Little Jack is 3 mo. old)

Comment

nice

Comment

Great report, can not wait until my grandchildren want to go with papa.. lol

Comment

Nice report.
                Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Good to hear fun was had by all

Comment

Working...
                  X