Giant 195# hardhead caught

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant 195# hardhead caught

I started out this morning throwing S/S Jrs in black ,then swapping to spec then bone as the sun rose higher. I was getting slaps, a gaff top slimed my leader, a few smaller slot specs. I have a small lure caddy suctioned to the side of the console and as I was swapping lures,I was hanging them onto it instead of putting them up. I like to rinse them off 1st before putting them up. Later I ties on a pink Vudu shrimp under a rattle cork. It was getting slammed by schoolie trout. I was having fun catching them when I walked to the back to grab a net when one of those Spooks buried a hook in the back of my calf. I had to get rid of the dink, unhook the 2nd hook from the lure caddy & try to look nonchalant while a boat passed me, then the spook was dangling from my leg. I got it out, by doing the old push it back thru the skin & cut the barb off. My boat is used to blood on it but not my own. Y'all be careful out there & keep a 1st aid kit. I gotta re-think my lure caddy.

Yoachee!!!! That sounds bad sure nuff!!You must be a tuff ol coot!! I was Chocolate this AM and now I know where that distant screaming was coming from. Glad you are O.K.
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Tough luck there, Kenny!hope it heals soon. It's bad when you let your own blood on your own boat!!! Did the nonchalant thing work?

Comment

Hate when those darn hooks get ya..

Comment

Pictures just kidding, sounds painful.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I've got pictures, but it ain't pretty.

Comment

Man that smarts!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Who in the hell takes pics of his own wounds?

Comment

PLUGGER
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Yeeouch! Thankful the fish wasn't attached to the same lure in your calf!
                    Scott
                    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Originally posted by SCHU View Post
                      Who in the hell takes pics of his own wounds?
                      For proof & to post on FWE later
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                      X