Chocolate Fever!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Fever!!

Could not stand it any longer so the wife and I hit Chocolate late. Conditions were changed from yesterday and was a bunch warmer. Copper color water and SE wind until 1800hrs. Then it was gone. Action slow until 1830hrs and then the sandies moved in on us and we ran outa baits. Managed 5 underaged specs, 1 small red, lost count on the drum and she and I couldn't remember the sand count. Tossed all back which was a mistake on the sandies. Did see one nice red that was given to two fisherman for use of their battery to get someone in that had trouble. Nice gesture and they were extremely grateful to whoever landed that baby. May have to try again in AM.
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Nice catchin' man! That's the way to get after them. Props to you for taking your wife!

Comment

Good job. Sounds like a good time was had. And a nice gesture by a boater in need of a hand....it's all about karma

Comment

Sandies are Sand trout right! I'm heading out in the morning to CB:-)

Comment

Yep or that's what I call them. Beautiful fish with a purplish bluish tint on their top side with no "specs" of black. These we caught were all about 13-15". We moved close to the channel and anchored within a few feet of the drop off close to a full circle bend by Buoy 43.
          The action came late around dark thirty so have plenty of bait/arti. The action was fierce and I was baiting mine and my wifes hooks as fast as I could. Best part was no Ladyfish either!! Good luck!
          "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

That 43rd always seems to hold sandies. They are great table fare! Roll a couple fillets in corn meal and a few hush puppies !

Comment

Thanks for the report. Going tomorrow by myself aroun noon to check out the waders.....fishing Saturday with efish again, so they have to be ready.
              Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
              "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Good luck on the trip in the new ride

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice going .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                  X