Ecked out 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecked out 2

Great morning but winds picked up. Kept these two, legal but bleeding out. Hooked this nasty *** Gafftop, next to channel fishing a shell reef at Buoy 30. Next one the line gets cut. Lots of boats out too. Hopefully some limits were made.

Click image for larger version

Name:	102813.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	574817Click image for larger version

Name:	102813photo2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	574818
    Got back to Lutes @ 1145hrs and ramp was busy so went upstream to try out some some Super Cluckers from Chickenboy at my SlabFish Spendahole. 1st 2 casts I hooked 2 trout and one was a big sow! Expecting a slab on both but both slung the clucker right at the Gunwale. And I aint no artie man but been wantin to try. I got all sweaty and excited and banged and made way too much noise. Must have cast 2 dozen more times but no hits. The sow I thought was a submerged log so I waited quite a while believing she was a Slab before setting. Hard to believe they both slung the hook as they were sharp as a tack. I did place a small peeled piece of stinky shrimp on the hook for some flavor. I'm doing something wrong but I'll be back. Early morning or my favorite time at the SplendaHole is late late evening.
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Those arties were not super cluckers but Golden Cluckers!!
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

nice going gotta hate those slimers

Comment

Thanks for the report . The big one got away .....argh !
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

throw those other two back and keep the gafftop.some days are a grind.

sent from my taxpayer-funded sail phone and yes the government is tapped into my talk
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
          X