Little Boat Run #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Boat Run #2

Launched at Lutes and then out to bay near red 30. Tousands of boats and fishermen. Water cold, tide low ,very little baits, no birds except Pelicans. No luck up or out the bayou. Stopped and hollered at a crewman on a river towboat near 2004 bridge with two Acrylonitrile barges drafting 9-6 and he said they had to stop till tide comes in!! Churning mud everywhere and near one of my HH's. Messed up some clarity for sure.Told me the dredge during this past summer didn't do much good in that part of channel. Those river Towboats I believe draft more than 9-6. I begged him to have captain rev the engines up and deepen the channel and he laughed.
    Such a beautiful day and was good to get out from being home with the crud for so long. Back home before noon.
    Hopefully someone had some tight lines but it sure wasn't me. Maybe the bite started later.
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Thanks for the heads up. Meeting my party there in the morning, hopefully the bite will pick up.

Comment

Good luck !
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Water seems to be really low still everywhere. Was out yakin around a little yesterday and it was low where I was too. No fish either.

Comment

Full moon, fish eat at noon. For those that don't know the full moon moves tidal water as quick as anything.

Comment

Yeah that's what I was thinking yesterday so I waited and fished from 1030-200. Found some bait but no fish. But I was over in upper galv bay. So hopefully y'all catch some

Comment

Least you gave it a shot! I've been fighting the crud too.. I'm ready to get out on the water as well.
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I have some success in the Bayou with a lot of small trout. All out of the same mold in about the 14" - 15" range.

Comment

You beat me. Mr. Buddy ( SCHU) and myself hit the bay around 9 am and our guide flashed us the ghost. He either drank too much vodka or was interviewing for the Miami Dolphins head coaching job. lol. So we had no real plan on where to go. Found a reef off the channel and I had 6 bites-2 small fish and I don't think he had a bite.Talked to a couple boats potlickin us and they hadn't caught anything either. Guess we should've went up the bayou. Back to my water for a while.

Comment

sorry guys, wasn't feeling to good. it wasn't vodka, I was a good boy last night. u should have had your phone with you! I texted you I wasn't coming at 7. yep, up the bayou.
                    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

It's all good, Dano. Should have stayed in bed myself. I think Mr. Buddy would agree. Did see the pie man showing off his boat. Good Luck, pie man.

Comment

Go north the fish are there.

Comment

Yep, shoulda/woulda/coulda... Still had a good time, Harvey. It was great to blow the spider webs out of the carbs after a year or so and I think I did get one bite! Fished some new to me water and found out where some of the reefs are. Tide low and dropping while we were there...

Comment

East side of Buoy30 is loaded with shell and spoil but the drop off is severe to the west. Great spot unless the barge traffic is heavy. West side is great to start drifting to the shoreline about 1 mile away if the wind is right. Nice reefs and holes. Right time the birds set up their picnic tables and are easy to spot.
                            Wind picked up big time today. Better times coming.
                            "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

lets hit it next week after it gets cold again, they will be biting up the bayou for sure. I have good spot where they are usually biting when he water temp is below 50.
                              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X