We did'nt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We did'nt!

Sweetheart and I left Lutes at 1330hrs with nice pint. Tide comin in water awfully clear and wind pickin up. Hit her favorite niche and 2 yaks there. So we eased in 100yds down and I was still riggin and she got one little bump.
    Then nothing. Left and tried 2 more deeper holes and nothing. I regret not tryin old moldy rotten peeled bait now.
    Went up the bayou and tried by pleasant and actually saw bait action on a sandy flat opposite the drain.
    No bumps. Swung wide from another yak. Went back and just called it a boat ride day.
    Tousands of boats and more yaks than fingers.
    Surely someone found something to text about. Not us.
    Back to Abilene for deer, pigs, and eatin what I want.
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Good luck, bro. Killin time!

Comment

Great report thanks for sharing.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the report ! Tough fishing day .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

We didn't also. North shore of Christmas was gin clear and zero bait or bird activity. Moved out to the middle toward ernie.s/sy.s....nada.

Poked around bastrop bay, same story. Up bastrop bayou a bit and I picked up a small sheepie off of a oyster bed in 4 ft of water and saw a small black drum caught on a boat on the other bank. Wasted another hour or so with nothing else.
          Stopped in cold pass and caught a 15 inch red in three feet near structure. Gave up after another 30 minutes our so and called it a day.

Comment

Hit the wind blown shorelines.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
              Hit the wind blown shorelines.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
              yep, or shallow shell and mud. the water warmed up. thanks for the reports!
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

We were out on the 29th also. Hit the Shrimp Boat and drifted a couple of holes. Nada... Water was clear...low wind...beautiful out there but no pescado. Saw one guy at the Shrimp Boat pull in a 21" Red. We through plastics, free lined live shrimp and even put dead shrimp on bottom (that's what the 21" hit on) so we gave it a good run and had a great time with the kiddos on the new to me boat! Hoping we'll do better later this week when the weather clears up.

Comment

Working...
                X