Dock permitting process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dock permitting process

For you guys that have been thru it, how hard is it to get a permit from the GLO to build a dock? I just contacted them and they sent me the forms that need to be filled out. How particular are they about the drawings they want. Will just a hand drawn plan showing the dimensions they want be OK or does it need to be something like an architect would draw up? I am in no way an artist. All I can draw is flies.
    Hello, My name is Anthony, and I'm a Chocoholic.

I would think you need permitted plans?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
      I would think you need permitted plans?
      I hope not. Wasn't anything like that mentioned in the packet from them. I guess I need to investigate a little more.

Comment

Where are you building it what county / jurisdiction?
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

In Brazoria county on Chocolate bayou. It's gonna be an 8'x16' built along the banks of the bayou behind the house.

Comment

Anthony,
            I,ve done it. You need two permits-Tx Park and wildlife and Tx GLO. You can get both from TPW office at
            Tx A & M office at Galveston. For GLO neat hand drawings will work if to scale, and I believe you need accurate demensions and two views. Both applications will be process from TPW office. 6 wks for TPW and 4-6 months for GLO.
            AB3

Comment

Well, I've drawn the top view and side view the best I could along with all the measurements they wanted. Only thing left is to send it all in tomorrow and see what happens.

Comment

That will work. Just make sure you know the rules and conditions..

Comment

GLO will come out during the week and inspect, and if your over your plans a letter then fine. I know this. They will not give on this unless you submit a revision wHich will usually get rejected . FYI.

Comment

They will hold u to your original square footage. We just went thru this. Good luck I know Julie well and shes will tell you stuff that will get you in trouble, ask any of us old timers we know this well! FYI TPWD has nothing to do with PC #'s on camps all around.

Comment

Good fishing everyone be respective of your neighbors and fellow boaters. Be safe. Thanks. Those of you know me I always am. Come by when you see us tied up. NFIC remember that!!!!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	woohoo2.gif
Views:	1
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	560900

It's been exactly two months and I got my permit in the mail yesterday. Once I get it filed with the county and they send it back to the GLO, I can start construction. I really didn't expect to get it until after summer. Guess I got lucky. Now if only the construction goes this easy.

Comment

Excellent ! Never can tell what and when things get done when dealing with the government clerks . When it's finished post a picture so we'll know where to tie up and stomp around .
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

When it's finished post a picture so we'll know where to tie up and stomp around .
                            You got it..

Comment

Excellent again !
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X