468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody been fishing up the bayou from Lutes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody been fishing up the bayou from Lutes?

Looks to be a windy weekend coming up and I want to go fishing in my yak. Since it's protected in the bayou I was just wondering if its salty past Lutes and if you have been catching a few. Thanks for any help.

Must be o.k. Heard of a tourney this past weekend with, i think 80 entries. Congrats to Corn dog and Superspook on the redfish catches.

Comment

Yep! Unless we get a frog floater this week.
      Lots of drains and slips and on the bends up to Pleasant Bayou. Also good past the Ascend Docks down to 04 bridge.
      Fish early am before sunup or/and after sundown. less traffic and wakes that way. Bottom of outgoing seems best bite.
      IMHO
      "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Yep. Get ready to tolerate the winds. Gonna blow all week.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Give you a report if I go on Saturday.

Comment

Right now it is salty as far up as you can go.

Comment

We were up there on Friday, caught 10 big gafttop, a coupe trout and a few reds. Lost a top water to a blowup, and at one point looking down in the water fro my bow I saw a fish so big I thought it was a medium shark, after my initial shock I realized it was the largest inshore redfish I have ever seen in my life.

Comment

NFIC!
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

There are some huge gar in there that will give you quite a startle and will pull some serious line off your reel if they're decide to hit.
                  They love to splash around my wife and friends when they kayak in there. She says they have even hit the kayak before.

Comment

Checked on my neighbors underwater lights last night and they were full of small gar. Could have scooped them up by the hand full.
                    Hello, My name is Anthony, and I'm a Chocoholic.

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                      NFIC!
                      What he said

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
                      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
                      X