Trash and Scream!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trash and Scream!!

Had my grandson with me this AM and went to HHCove! He connected with these two after screaming and hollering!!
    The second one was in the slot but barely so.20.5" ALL trash game fish returned. He beatched about it but I told him they taste bad and were just not quite large enough. His 3rd broke the line at the hook as he had turned the drag down all the way. Now he knows. Caught just 1 trout no flatties but a basket full of Croaker. The croaker are being fried tonite. Least they taste better than the reds.
    Wind was blowing full blast and water was greenish-copper. Also got showered on.
    But overall I know he had a great time.
    Attached Files
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
    ...ALL trash game fish returned. He beatched about it but I told him they taste bad and were just not quite large enough...
    Your grandson is learning this at a proper age. Sadly, there are adults who struggle to grasp the concept. Kudos Grandpa! Now about the whole whiting over reds....you're nuts!
    What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Comment

Originally posted by WadinMoron View Post
      Your grandson is learning this at a proper age. Sadly, there are adults who struggle to grasp the concept. Kudos Grandpa! Now about the whole whiting over reds....you're nuts!
      I never have cared for Redfish at all. Too coarse unless they are about 12" size. Same with wormy ol specs.
      Now a 10-12" croaker or of course a nice Flounder. yum yum

Comment

You need to learn how to halfshell dem reds my man! Good job on getting the little man on the fish!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
          I never have cared for Redfish at all. Too coarse unless they are about 12" size. Same with wormy ol specs.
          Now a 10-12" croaker or of course a nice Flounder. yum yum
          I think you're grilling them wrong. My wife generally can't stand fish and loves my grilled speck fillets. No worries, anytime you need cooking lessons, I'm here to help. Them croaker make for excellent bait though.
          What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Comment

Good job, man!

Comment

Excellent!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Way to go Mike!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Looks like he had a good time, good for you fr taking him! Redfish on the half shell hardto beat!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	welldone.gif
Views:	6
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	560888
                    Hello, My name is Anthony, and I'm a Chocoholic.

Comment

So , the secret to catching fish is to coerce them to bite your hook by screaming and hollering at them ? Holler anything specific ? " Eat that bait you accursed marine wildlife or I'll come out there and grab your gills " ! Something like that ?
                      I like trout , reds , flounder , but I must say that whole fried croaker are outstanding table fare . Firm corn meal fried white meat lathered in butter and lemon juice that slides off the rib bones . The crispy tails are fish potato chips that my two children would come to blows over for the last one .
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Awesome!
                        sigpic
                        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Great job sir. I love seeing the kiddos on the water. We have been catching lots of reds but it is a pm bite. The flounder are plentiful on a strong incoming near drains but most are small. The trout have been active under birds along long reef no matter how hard the wind blows but they are all schoolies but makes for some fun.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
                          KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Gonna try the evening fish sometime this week or maybe early next. I always like an incoming. The flatties I will keep 1 or two and preferably right at the minimum size. I always keep the larger croaker but the trout and reds always go back into the brink!
                            Cody has had an excellent size bait the last 2 trips out.
                            I'll take a grand child out all through the summer and maybe a wife or two. Love the screamin and hollering and backlashes and always, always one will crank the drag down and break a line or snap a hook.
                            Here lately they have to use the measuring stick and that anticipation on the face is always worthwhile. I unhook but they have to toss em over the side. Cant wait for the eels and ladyfish to show. Hehehe!!

Comment

Good times with the family...hope to start that pretty soon!

Comment

Working...
                              X