2nd of July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd of July

Oldest grandson and I got out late but hit tail end of the bite on a lazy incoming with barely a breeze and when it finally picked up about 0830hrs in was from NNW or W. Then maybe from the east and then when we left about 1130hrs it was from SSE. Caught 2 slot trash reds. No biggy and chunked em over. I then hooked a nicer one and the damn crazy thing circled the boat. I eased up on the drag and played for a little bit and almost to boat and that Fluorocarbon knot gave way. I had tied I believe a SanDiego Jam knot or a glorified Palomar. Gotta study up on that or just go back to mono which I believe is my favorite. I always use a Gamakatsu 2/0 or a Owner Size 1, My preference is the Owner because of the point.
    As far as Specs we caught a bushel of 12"-14" in spurts but none in the slot. Loads of fun.
    Also ended up with 12 larger Croaker from the Croaker Hole and boxed them as this grandson loves em.
    Lots of push boat traffic and lots of boats.
    Water was a little off but like glass for 2 hours early on.
    No pictures today.

Found the Lat./Long. of the old Boilers off Follets and wanting to hit the surf in the am if my ol butt and a Motrin High will allow it.
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Sounds like you and your grandson had a good morning. Thanks for the report.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Good job, bro!

Comment

Nice

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good time on the water with your grandson. That's what makes it an awesome day.
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

X2, hope to get put with mine soon...

Comment

Good report. Thanks! Glad you had a day out with the grandson.
              Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
              "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Thanks for the report ! Me and HANS WADEMUELLER love them fried croaker .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

My grandson called just a little bit ago. He told me they were delicious!! His moma cast iron skillet fried in Manteca(Lard) (my suggestion years ago) them and got the hide almost black. My other grandson hated the bones. They both are used to chicken nuggets instead of just fried chicken. My granddaughters refuse to eat chicken with bones.
                  I was way up in my 20's before I tried a flounder filet and I couldn't grasp why there was no bones or skin.
                  To this day it never bothers me to fry a flounder sliced across the body in about a 1" strip and chow down.
                  "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

My ol man only eats his with bones
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	way2go.gif
Views:	1
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	560930
                      Hello, My name is Anthony, and I'm a Chocoholic.

Comment

...."They both are used to chicken nuggets instead of just fried chicken. My granddaughters refuse to eat chicken with bones."

Those "Chicken Nuggets" are probably some processed product from McD's!! The best chicken and the best taste is along the bone when either fried or smoked over Pecan to be honest!!

Ronald McDonald is THE DEVIL!!

Comment

Mgstei1 - I'm going to be out in Liverpool a lot in the next few weeks, fishing and building, literally right behind Lutes. If you're still struggling with the floro to braid connection I have a bulletproof easy as pie connection that I have been using for years and has caught me plenty fish! I trust it 100% - more than happy to show you if you're in the area. I know how I felt when I first started using braid and lost fish, all because of my connections knots breaking/slipping.

Comment

Working...
                          X