Perfect Morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Morning!

Don't get much better than what we had this am. No wind, cool, tap water clear water.(Not Alvin Water) good bait and a easy draining out going tide, brought about good catches. A dozen nice size dinks to every one keeper spec that was hooked and had Mr Rouge come in and spoiled the water clarity a little later. Bite was unbelievable from daylight to about 0815 and then slacked somewhat.
    Some kinda crew boat was zig zagging in the channel and stirred the water up and brought the bite back. He came within talking distance from me and hollered that he was sorry but had a seismographic job to do.
    Never seen em do that before. He knew exactly where the skinny water was and stayed in the channel.
    If the kayaker that I invited in to share the spoils is on this forum please PM me. Ya missed out bud, unless you found a sweeter spot this am!!Click image for larger version

Name:	10162014fish 004.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	575632Click image for larger version

Name:	10162014fish 003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	575631
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Fishing's been awesome. Wtg, bro!

Comment

Nice job!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

WTG!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice pics. Thanks for the post. Might give it a shot in the a.m and next week.

Comment

Nice fish ...been eating well . Thanks for the report !
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Very nice.
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                Nice fish ...been eating well . Thanks for the report !
                Tossed everything back over, for another day. Even the left over shrimps!
                When my wife and I want fish we head to Santa Fe or Manvel seafood grill.
                Or a packet of Tuna or Sardine Pizza or Salmon Pattys.
                Beats wormy trout or rubbery redfish.
                Flounder however go to the box.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	perfect10.gif
Views:	2
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	561093 Way to go Mike.

Be glad you went when you did. Got home yesterday evening and it looked like Chocolate milk behind the house and was quite low.
                  Hello, My name is Anthony, and I'm a Chocoholic.

Comment

Nice catching!
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice of you to recycle for the rest of us , MG , and I like my tuna fish sandwich , but , dang son , not to pound down some fresh fried / baked / blackened fish !? Unless you don't want to clean fish or cook . Those restaurant fish have the same parasites and chemicals . But , hey , your preferences work ok for me . You might keep an eye out for someone who would love to have some of those fish now and again . Loading up my kayak one day at the 2004 bridge launch , I watched a guy sitting on the bank occasionally pulling in a catfish with his dead shrimp . Three little kids played around him excitedly , gawking at the tourist trout . He looked a little defeated as the wife busied around an old camper . I went and talked to him . He had banked nothing but trash fish . No flounder I asked ? No , never had had a flounder ! I gave him my 3 flounder making sure he new how to clean and cook them . The wife and he were very grateful . I drove away feeling great that I had done something to bring some happiness to that family .
                      CORAM DEO
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I have done the same and neighbors or family want them sometime but seeing the decline in the bays and sizes that we saw in the 50-60s I would rather chunk them. Just my personal belief.
                        I also want tighter limits and sizes and tournaments with live weigh ins and release.But that's me also.
                        The older I get the more I see what I did in the past was wrong and greedy.
                        My comments are getting close to R's Corner so Im gonna hush.

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
                          so Im gonna hush.
                          I got $20 bucks on that

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                            I got $20 bucks on that
                            HAR ! Let's be nice .

Comment

Good to hear , MG , about gifting fish to those who view as a treat . I have similar neighbors who appreciate the fish . I wasn't fortunate enough to fish until 1999 , but I understand how dissimilar those " glory days " were to today . I appreciate your conservative stance .

Comment

Working...
                              X