10-24-2014 chocolàte bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-24-2014 chocolàte bay

Friday I took WALKINWADER ( he lives ! ) on my boat . We left FATBOYS around 7:30 am waded Virginia Point on a hunch . While anchoring , I saw a slick but after an hour we left without a bite . We motored to Chocolate Bay where we waded near a bayou . Tim landed a flounder on the flats and I one just inside the bayou mouth . We boat fished at a bayou junction and trolled out without catching anything . We drifted Chocolate Bay a little while then went into Green's Lake to drift fish . No fish caught there so we left and power poled down on the edge of a channel off Jones Lake where Tim boated 2 more flounder with Gulps. We were back at FATBOYS around 6 pm . Pretty day with outgoing tide in the morning and incoming in the afternoon in general . While traveling the intracoastal , a skiff passed us with the driver on a high platform . As he wailed past , Tim saw a large plastic box bounce out unnoticed by the young fisherman . I circled back and Tim netted it . We never saw him again . Later at the ramp we found it contained a cache of jigheads , soft plastics , top waters , some in the box , popping corks , line and more . The owner must have felt sick later when he missed it . Tim took the contents and my lone flounder . A pretty good day for him !
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Yes...I'm gonna need that back plugger......
    Your a daisy if ya do

Comment

Unless you've dyed your hair blond and lost a few pounds , I think not . HAR ! Worth the try , though , Garrett .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Hahaha dang!
        Your a daisy if ya do

Comment

It's mine
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

You guys covered a lot of water. Friday was a nice day to be out on the bay with the light winds.

Comment

Tim dont post much anymore???
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

No , I don't know why he doesn't post ... Maybe he's got a life , HAR ! I'd text him periodically to check on him . He's been busy and hasn't fished since August of last year with me . I shot him a text asking if he wanted to fish and he replied yes . I cracked my head pretty hard when I hit the floor but collected myself and made arrangements to fish last Friday .

Comment

Trout and small reds were good in Chocolate fishing a few of the reefs on gulp and live shrimp. Hitting it again tomorrow about 15 mins south of 2004

Comment

I'm glad you found some trout and reds . I'm not that familiar with Chocolate Bay . Good luck tomorrow .

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                      No , I don't know why he doesn't post ... Maybe he's got a life , HAR ! I'd text him periodically to check on him . He's been busy and hasn't fished since August of last year with me . I shot him a text asking if he wanted to fish and he replied yes . I cracked my head pretty hard when I hit the floor but collected myself and made arrangements to fish last Friday .
                      I miss his posts and his friendliness to everyone!!
                      "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Working...
                      X