1stEverFlattie on plastic!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1stEverFlattie on plastic!!

Wednesday I looked at Chickenboys site(Joe) and purchased a bag full of plastic for some flounder. Aint never ever caught a flatfish on artificial but wanted to try. Bag got to front porch last night. talk about quick delivery from our postal system!! So I rigged up the 1st bait and this AM headed to the Dike. I went there after I got a hint from my wifes co worker at Eastman in TC that that's a great place to try.
    I hate the wind and this morning on beach side of Dike I could not believe the whitecaps. So I chose a small cove on the channel side and 2nd cast hooked this beast. (Or it was to me). I followed Joes guide on his website but still had a hard time knowing if it was a dike rock or a fish or just wind driven. I waited and waited and waited and then popped the rod.
    Damn if the crazy thing wasn't hooked. Joe is my #1 hero for sure now!!!Mr JT and Mr Boom and Mr R..., ya'll went to the back of my list.
    I tried a few more throws but gave the dike back to the winds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1steverflattieonartie.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	575711
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

WTG
    Nice flattie

Comment

and Im sure joe is thrilled to death

Comment

fun stuff
        sigpic

Comment

Way to go dude.....you got a kayak, Salt lake ought to be getting good for flounders now.
          Hello, My name is Anthony, and I'm a Chocoholic.

Comment

Nice catch!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Nice . Satisfying to feel that thump . Artificial fishing Fine .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by awendel View Post
                Way to go dude.....you got a kayak, Salt lake ought to be getting good for flounders now.
                Nope, don't have one. I aint getting in over my ankles either. This 1st catch, my feet never got wet. All from shore. Next try will be where I have been throwing baits in Chocolate for years. Theres one hideout in Perrys that has sandy top over dredge mud and silt and deep water in and out that I'll try either early or late but from a boat. I remember trying to gig there and losing tinnys and boots and getting stuck and ruining Colemans. Way to old and feeble to even try.
                Havent been in the Salt Lake area in years. Christmas and Cox and Bastrop should be turned on now also.
                You planning on day or night trip in the kayak ? I bet theres gators lurking in all those places but with the cooler waters I cant say.
                "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Salt lake is a day trip only. They open and close the gate at sunrise and sunset. I know the gators are around, but the only one I've ever seen was in the ditch on the road to the launch site. In all the times I've fished Salt lake, I've never caught a speck. Lot's of flounder and reds though. Met a guy there once who bank fishes for gars. Said there are plenty big ones in there.
                  Hello, My name is Anthony, and I'm a Chocoholic.

Comment

Be real careful when you throw these baits, MG. They can be so addictive to the point that you won't want to throw anything else...

Comment

Originally posted by SCHU View Post
                      Be real careful when you throw these baits, MG. They can be so addictive to the point that you won't want to throw anything else...
                      Right on, Mr. Buddy. Good going, Mike!

Comment

When you feel the thump , drop the rod tip and reel in the line slack , then lifting the rod tip set the hook . It gives them a second or two to take that plastic . Bass fishing quick hook set is not best . You can take the plastic away or not get it deep enough in their mouth . If you go crazy all out wild off the reservation and throw a top water , DO NOT set the hook when you see a huge blow up on your plug . You will take it away from them . Wait until you feel WEIGHT on the line / rod before setting the hook . They pretty much hook themselves .
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I'm talking about trout and reds too , not just flounder .

Comment

Working...
                          X