Deer to Trouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer to Trouts

Back from a week of deer killing where 2 of my grandsons are now considered deer killers. The oldest hunted with my son and bagged 1 small cull buck the last hunt. The younger one was with me and he bagged 3 does and 2 were killed at same time and he was bugging me to kill the 3rd!! He's a natural!!, no hard breathing, no shakes, no hesitation, just aim and shoot and down they go. But he had a lesson in skinning and gutting and butchering and tagging the bags of venison.
    Headed to Choc. this am and launched late as I was beat from the drive back. Made about 1/4 mile from Lutes and the Merc shut down with a red oil light and the annunciator blasting!! I limped back to dock and added a cup of oil and that satisfied the black booger.
    Fished channel at the 43rd and snagged a boatload of dinks and 3 slotsters. No reds or Flatties. Pitched all over the side and went to Perrys deep hole and snagged some more dinks and sandies and tried the flattie plains with no takers at all. The Dike is on my list to hit.
    Great morning and overcast and water clear as Gin. Not lots of boats. Water is cooler and managed to catch a hard outgoing.
    Nap time now and cleanup the deer gear and boat and eat some fruitcake and drink some Spaten Optimator chased with some Evan Williams and a Satsuma toddy.
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Congrats on the surf and turf!
    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Nice going, Mike!

Comment

Good report
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice job!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Good report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment