Can you target crappie in the bayou?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you target crappie in the bayou?

I know this is a mainly saltwater forum but is there a decent crappie population in the bayou? Last year I went to check out the launch by 35. While I was there I fished a roadrunner in the bayou. The only fish I caught was a long nose gar. However I saw I little area where flood water created a little pond so I threw in there a couple times and to my surprise a caught a nice sized crappie. So my question is during the spring can you target crappie in this part of the bayou? I have a kayak so I can try up or down from the 35 bridge. Just curious to see if anyone has done it.

I have friends that fish Chocolate up around hwy 35 that catch bass quite often, so I would assume crappie would be around also. As much fresh water that's been flowing the last few days, there's probably crappie around the 2004 bridge.
    Hello, My name is Anthony, and I'm a Chocoholic.

Comment

Nfic
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Mr James and Wendell caught them all !
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
          Yep and herded the leftovers to the D canal
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
            Yep and herded the leftovers to the D canal
            Yes, all that's true. I actually have a brother in law that grew up in Hitchcock and he said the diversionary was a fisherman's paradise and could not understand why anyone would want to fish anywhere else.
            Hello, My name is Anthony, and I'm a Chocoholic.

Comment

.....Dickinson Bayou has some pretty good sized Crappie in it upstream from the launch on HWY3. It's navigable all the way past Cemetary road as I have taken my 22ft Skeeter way back in there looking for hogs with my .308.

Comment

Originally posted by awendel View Post
                Yes, all that's true. I actually have a brother in law that grew up in Hitchcock and he said the diversionary was a fisherman's paradise and could not understand why anyone would want to fish anywhere else.
                Your brother in law is not trustworthy. I'm from Hitchcock too. We all lie. A lot.
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Working...
                X