Too Cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Cold

Anyone fishing Chocolate the next few days better be careful. This cold weather has got an iceberg floating down the bayou.
    Attached Files
    Hello, My name is Anthony, and I'm a Chocoholic.

Wonder if its full of nasty trouts and muddy redfish filets ?
    Its headed to the gulf instead of Camerons in Manvel.
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

An eyesore in a otherwise beautiful spot. Throw a rope and drag it out, it's sad but someone has to take out trashy folks garbage.

Comment

It's too cold for being the south .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
          Wonder if its full of nasty trouts and muddy redfish filets ?
          Its headed to the gulf instead of Camerons in Manvel.
          I'd hate to be the one that opens it if there is anything in it. Gonna be pretty ripe by now. It floated up on a high tide a couple days ago and now it's beached itself in the shallow mouth of a large drainage ditch.

Comment

I remember back in 79 when a guy I worked with had a home up near the railroad bridge. And it was on stilts @ 8 ft above grade. His freezer and ice box went through roof and floated off during the flood. Someone found them near the bubble barrier weeks later.
            They were ripe and the crabs got what was left.
            Lots of memories from that rain and flood.
            I was sore for weeks from removing carpets and wet sheetrock in my and neighbors homes. Best one when it came daylight we kept hearing a slurping noise. Damn flood water was going down my water well casing. And did for a long time.
            Ground water probably raised Galveston island up a few feet.

Comment

Hey Mike, I lost a camp house to the 79 flood. I had a 2 room camp on stilts close to what we called Coon Gulley back then. The ditch coming into the first big bay on the right due south of the 2004 bridge. All that remain are the pilings now. It wasn't registered with the GLO and they wasn't issuing any new registrations back then. So I couldn't rebuild. But I was lucky, I had only paid $75 for it a couple of years earlier.

Comment

Coon Gulley, I like that name!!
                Cant believe the pilings are still there, but that's a great place for a camp now.
                Here on out, it will have that name!!

Comment

Working...
                X