Chocolate Bay 3/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bay 3/15

I had planned on going to Freeport but I decided to hit the southern end of Chocolate Bay last minute. Made the long haul from Lutes and tried different reefs for a couple hours in the late afternoon. There was a decent amount of mullet hanging around in the heavily-stained water and my gf and I managed to catch a few specks in 2.5 ft of muddy shell at one spot. I think that if there was any clarity to the water we could have done a lot better. I thought I would share, I know it's useful to get reports on bait and water conditions.

Nice report! Thanks!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

So I guess the bayou is still pretty fresh?

Comment

Thanks for posting!
        sigpic

Comment

i did try a few spots in the bayou and didn't get bit, water was a pretty nasty brown color. it got just a little better the further south you went. My water temp gauge was reading 70 degrees which I found odd, water didn't feel like 70 when I was wading.

Comment

Appreciate the report! Hitting that area this weekend.

Comment

Thanks for the report !
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

It was still stained yesterday but was clearing with the hard incoming tide by late PM. We managed a limit of reds, small trout, and two flounder on the same reefs. Assassins and Down South Lures were the trick. 1/4 ounce head in the hard incoming, they wouldn't hit the 1/8.

It should clear up just before we get more rain this sat.

Lutes will be having a tournament this weekend. Everyone come out and enjoy!
                KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Originally posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
                  It was still stained yesterday but was clearing with the hard incoming tide by late PM. We managed a limit of reds, small trout, and two flounder on the same reefs. Assassins and Down South Lures were the trick. 1/4 ounce head in the hard incoming, they wouldn't hit the 1/8.

It should clear up just before we get more rain this sat.

Lutes will be having a tournament this weekend. Everyone come out and enjoy!
                  Yes sir!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X