Got a bent piling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a bent piling

During the last flood Chocolate had about 2 weeks ago, a large log floated into my pilings and sat there a whole day before I could move it off. Now I got a leaning piling. Wondering if I can take my boat and stand it up straight again or is it stuck there. I can't get in the water with it cause you sink up to your waist in mud. Gonna have to be worked from a boat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1592.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	576251
    Hello, My name is Anthony, and I'm a Chocoholic.

I'd back my boat up to within three feet of it and rig up a nylon sling or rope opposite the bend and slowly pull it back to plumb. Put a level vertically to plumb it and let it set up a few days. You should bolt up your 2 x's to the outside framing asap to sturdy up your pier. Jmo.

Comment

I had hoped to have it framed up before now. But when I tried to walk out to it and got stuck, I knew I'd have to use my boat to build off of. My only free time is Sunday's after church so I'm at the mercy of the weather and honey-do jobs.

Comment

Lol. I understand about priorities and time allowances. I bought a nice older house and work harder on re-model and renovate than I ever did on my 7 to 4 job when I was younger with all that sap.

Comment

Well , I must say you have your priorities in order ..... You have limited time and you still go to church . I think the God who created all things will help get that post straight in due time if you ask Him . Isn't God good !
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Made a little progress Saturday. One of the guys that put the pilings in came out while I was at work and got me going again. He used my little flat bottom boat and the lumber I had bought and got it all framed out. Another weekend or two and he said he'd come out and help build the ramp and deck it for me. Now just have to figure out how to launch my 16' flounder boat from a 10' steep bank.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1615.jpg
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	561913Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1616.jpg
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	561914

Comment

Aint bent no more!!! Be nice once its all done out!
              "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Who did you use to set the poles?

Comment

Glad you got it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Working...
                  X