Chocolate Bay 4-26 fish and gator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bay 4-26 fish and gator

Went fishing Sunday morning. Had to dodge a couple of showers but managed 2 reds (26&22 inch) and 18in flounder. Saw an approximate 13 foot alligator that stayed by our boat on a drift by the shoreline for about an hour. He stayed about 50yds away from us but he was very inquisitive when i landed the fish. He got about 30yds from us at his closest point. Once i started the boat he went under and headed to the shoreline. Waders and kayakers be wary....

Good report and even better mindful advice.

Comment

That is a monster gator...13'! That would be the biggest by far that I have seen/heard of in W Bay
      sigpic

Comment

I've seen him . got to be careful wading that area this time of year. All of this fresh water will push them out into the bay shorelines. Nice catch!
        KEEP IT WET..

Comment

..... YIKES ! .....
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

What area of the bay?

Comment

I've seen a big one in Halls Lake, narrows shoreline , and by Wharton Camp entrance. It has always been in April , May, and early June.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where at in Chocolate? There used to be a gator that hung out around the bubble barrier about 5 or 6 years ago. Maybe, thanks to the plants, he grew up really fast.

Comment

Heading out from the 2004 bridge I was drifting the north shoreline to the left of buoy 28. In between grassy point and humble cut.

Comment

SHOOT EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

There is a big gator in the sulfur ditch

Comment

I would not fish there at all the Gator cleaned out the bay and the rest ran for they're life to the Diversionary
                        NFIC
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                        X