Docks coming together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Docks coming together

Finally got my two grandsons over this weekend and we put a major dent in the ole dock building. Still have to put up some railings around it and sink some 4x4 supports for the ramp going to it. The ramp turned out to be a little steeper than I realized it would be. I'm gonna spray some kind of sealer on it with play sand thrown in it. That and a hand rail should help keep my feet from slipping going up and down. Here's a few picts from yesterday and today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1724.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	576407Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1735.jpg
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	576409Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1740.jpg
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	576411Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1746.jpg
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	576412Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1751.jpg
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	576408Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1752.jpg
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	576410
    Hello, My name is Anthony, and I'm a Chocoholic.

Looks good great job !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank goodness for young people . It looks great ! What about putting some raised cross pieces on the ramp also to prevent slippage ?
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
        Thank goodness for young people . It looks great ! What about putting some raised cross pieces on the ramp also to prevent slippage ?
        Wife mentioned that also, so I will probably do that too.

Comment

Well , dang son ! If the wife said it too , its a good idea .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Whos that ol man in the middle of those two fine looking grandsons ?Nice job and great atmosphere on that bayou!!
            Water there looks good !!
            Great post!!
            "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Good job and a very nice spot, Wendel!

Comment

Good work guys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by awendel View Post
                  Wife mentioned that also, so I will probably do that too.
                  raised pcs would/could
                  create a tripping hazard. I would look for grip tape or maybe a few roof shingles. That should do the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
                    Whos that ol man in the middle of those two fine looking grandsons ?Nice job and great atmosphere on that bayou!!
                    Water there looks good !!
                    Great post!!
                    Hey Mike, The waters in the best shape I've seen in a long time. Lot's of bait in the water yesterday. At one point my grandson says "look out there, whats swimming towards us". There was something on the surface creating a small wake as it came towards the dock. Couldn't tell what it was till it got a few feet away. It was large shrimp about 5" long out for a little swim. He came up and latched onto one of the pilings and just sat there till the grandson tried to grab him. I started watching closer then and saw lot's of smaller shrimp along the bank. It's too bad there's no fish in Chocolate.

Comment

Hang a toe sack out with cotton seed meal in it and catch those shrimps. I've been wanting to hit upper chocolate for last 2 weeks but had a niece pass so been tied up. Brother is having a terrible time.
                      Those flounder drains and the drain gut at Pleasant Bayou need to be hit hard. Water is clear enough for sure to do some night gigging up your way from lutes.
                      "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Update on my dock. Worked out the steep ramp problem on Sunday. Lowered the bank end of ramp about 4" and raised the dock end about 2'. Then built steps coming off it down to deck. Made it a lot more manageable to walk down. Got to put up some railing to keep the kids from falling off next. This is all treated lumber but I've wondered if I should go ahead and paint it or spray it with some kind of stain or sealer. I've got some of that Rustoleum deck renew paint. Looks kinda like bedliner when it dries. Anyone ever tried it.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1758.jpg
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	562132

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1841.jpg
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	562147Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1842.jpg
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	562148

Except for mounting some lights and maybe spraying it with some kind of sealer, I'm pretty much through with my dock/fishing pier. Now if it will just cool off outside.

Comment

Very nice
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice.
                              "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Working...
                              X