1 Flatfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Flatfish

Got to Lutes early this am hoping to cash in on some flounder. Water was perfect.No wind. Lots of bugs. Lots of running baits.
    No such luck other than just 1 16". Had 2 more nabs but no takers. Free shrimping with a bead shot. Caught lots of croakers, rat reds and numerous Sheepshead and small drum.
    Did catch a few trout early on under some gulls just north of Cow Corner and the BubbleBarrier. Lady Fish are back with an attitude.
    0700 it was hot and humid.
    Moved on after bypassing Perrys Hole which is one of my go too sand flats, up above Lutes to Pleasant Bayou drain.
    Got hung up right off the bat and switched to some red/white soft plastic Chicken Boys thrown in the deeper part of drain.
    Managed 1 little bump but was over anxious.

Gonna hydrate with an Optimator/V8 over ice.

Im praying for rain and some clouds before I go again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2535.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	576417
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

At least you got out! It's been over a month since I got to wet a line.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice flounder, Mike! Like Bruce, I've haven't wet a line or attemped to do much of anything short of soaking up as much of this central air as I can get. As was stated on another post, Come on October, I'm ready for some bird activitiy and daily slaughters.

Comment

Nice flattie for dinner anyway! WTG!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Come on October. We should be healed up by then! Lots cooler, too! Nice flounder.

Comment

Good detailed report. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Root Canal View Post
              Good detailed report. Thanks
              Yeah , really nice detailed report . I would have maybe kept those croakers as well .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Hey, that was my flounder. Been stalking him for a few days now. Click image for larger version

Name:	welldone.gif
Views:	6
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	562119

Seriously though, if I don't stop working around this house so much and do some fishing myself, I'm gonna wonder why I even moved to the bayou.
                Hello, My name is Anthony, and I'm a Chocoholic.

Comment

Working...
                X