Trip Down 35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Down 35

Woke up this am and had a feeling to get that boat loaded up and hit Chocolate. Left before dawn and headed down 35 with great expectations and feeling the fish were gonna bite.
    The wife said not to go when she noticed the excitement on my face. She said it was supposed to be bad.
    all I looked at was the tides. And she has a knack about the weather. Always has. I refused to hear.

I turned around in Liverpool and went back home when I saw the thunderboomers and then looked at the radar on the phone.Geeez!!! I did see a nice 8 pointer on the road between Liverpool and 35 right at 1st light at the crack of dawn.

I made a bad decision this am.

And now I'm still watching the radar. Preparing for a nap.
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

I've had intentions of mowing my yard the last three mornings only to be never leaving the garage with the mower. Good to know Texas City's not the only place getting the rain. Three more weeks and I'm going to be on the lake daily. The shrimp hatch will be coming out of the back water and the gulls will be squawking it up.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
      I've had intentions of mowing my yard the last three mornings only to be never leaving the garage with the mower. Good to know Texas City's not the only place getting the rain. Three more weeks and I'm going to be on the lake daily. The shrimp hatch will be coming out of the back water and the gulls will be squawking it up.
      I saw some birds working in West Bay already, although I'm not a big fan of fishing birds.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Hey Mike, don't go messing with my deer. They're like pets now. I left home around 6:30 this morning to lightning and thunder all around. I think you made the right decision.
        Hello, My name is Anthony, and I'm a Chocoholic.

Comment

Nice buck with spread outside ears. Young too. I see them all the time near the bridge but this was the road to 35 this am and right over the RR tracks.
          Nicest buck so far.
          i also see them at the 288connection to Hwy 6 back hard to right. Always late evening.
          My son lives close to jumior college and he is having a hard time with a bobcat taking his chickens. He's seen it several time even during the day.
          Stupid roosters is what he loses as they try and protect the hens. They go to him as he crouches and lays still.
          And coyotes are everywhere last few years. i always see ol Bob or thats what I started calling him at the South Park Baptist church in that field between there and the Methodist church. Couple times he had a cat in his mouth and running to beat daylight.
          Lots of strange animals in Alvin, besides all the locals.
          "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
            Nice buck with spread outside ears. Young too. I see them all the time near the bridge but this was the road to 35 this am and right over the RR tracks.
            Nicest buck so far.
            i also see them at the 288connection to Hwy 6 back hard to right. Always late evening.
            My son lives close to jumior college and he is having a hard time with a bobcat taking his chickens. He's seen it several time even during the day.
            Stupid roosters is what he loses as they try and protect the hens. They go to him as he crouches and lays still.
            And coyotes are everywhere last few years. i always see ol Bob or thats what I started calling him at the South Park Baptist church in that field between there and the Methodist church. Couple times he had a cat in his mouth and running to beat daylight.
            Lots of strange animals in Alvin, besides all the locals.
            Lmao!

Comment

Working...
            X