Anyone action north of Lutes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone action north of Lutes?

Heading out Friday but the winds are coming up. Looking to go hide up North of Lutes; anyone seen action up there lately?

Had great action above 2004 bridge last week. But today is new week and weather different.
    If it does indeed hold fish, go from the barge channel to the bridge in middle of channel. Flounder may be in drains and along structures. Cow Corner back to Lutes I had great action also but that was last part of trip.
    Pleasant bayou drain is also a great place but havent been up that way this fall. As is Perrys and at the bubble barrier early am or at dark.
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Mgstei1 knows what he's talking about! Read his last post about north of 2004 and it produced for me drifting g perry's bayou! Thanks for the help bro

Comment

Thank you sir.

Comment

I thought I knew chocolate pretty well but am not familiar with cow Corner nor Perrys bayou. Where are those?

Comment

Cow Corner is the pipeline crossing where all the cow sheet lands directly across from the bubblebarrier on Bayou side.Always see moma cows there.
            Great area.
            Perrys is the drain right at the barge outlet into the channel and forms a horseshoe shaped drain. Couple old shipwrecks there from Ike. There is a mud/sand flat there that has extremely skinny water but is an excellent,excellent Flounder hole.Its on the west side of the horseshoe.
            'The horseshoe is a great fall/early winter trout hole until late winter. Freeline shrimp.
            The bubblebarrier is great too under the lights for mostly dinks and sandies. But every once in a while the sows move in.
            The warm water outfall outa the plant used to be the best place in Chocolate for trout at night. Before they installed the air blower and bubble piping.We used to catch 2 at a time using tout tails and mono wrapped around a can for a reel. Learned that in Mexico and the coonuses off the push boats.Thats when the night supe and safety inspector wasnt nearby.
            Coast Guard may get irate if you venture to close to the docks. But under the pilings was redfish croaker and sheephead heaven.
            If I was young enough for a kayak this area would be my go to place.
            "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Thanks for the insight. Familiar with both of those spots. Now I know the names. I have seen those cows there too so the name is appropriate. It is really weird to see them all in in the water there at night.
              My little dinky plastic boat and trolling motor can't make it down that far but, I occasionally can get down there in my friends boat.
              Thanks for all the useful information you post here.

Comment

Not familiar with cow corner but I'm sure I'll see it lol!

Comment

I respect MG's knowledge of that area . I'm going to make notes , great info and many thanks .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                  X