2/15: First trip to Chocolate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/15: First trip to Chocolate

I was off work today. I launched at Lutes about 6:30 and made my way down the bayou and into the bay. Water was a little milky looking, not too fresh. I did my best to get back toward some protected shorelines knowing that the wind was forecast to blow SW and W. I cut a couple of drifts over shallow shell with active bait. I caught a keeper red on the first cast, picked up a couple of decent trout and lost a flounder. The bite shut down on me about nine but it was pretty steady early.

I moved around and explored some other areas but couldn't get anything going. The wind really started blowing around 10. I called it quits about 11.

Sorry, didn't take any pictures. All fish caught in about 2' of water on a black/gold bubba clucker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Thank you for the interesting report . You did some exploring and caught some fish too !
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice bro!

Comment

Glad you got out. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

I was about to hit Choco Sunday but the wind kicked up-glad to hear some catches JYC.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice report, Jeff!

Comment

WTG JYC, catching Donkeys on the Fly in LA and exploring new waters..... Thanks for the reports.

Comment

Good deal on the fishing

Comment

Working...
                X