Long Day in Chocolate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Day in Chocolate

Spent a LONG day in Chocolate yesterday with little to show for it. Fished mostly the lower end of the bay and focused on mid bay shell and on the east side around the entrance to Halls Lake in the morning with only a few undersized specks and sand trout to show for it. Moved to the extreme south end of West Bay in the afternoon and drifted/waded the Oyster Lake shoreline. Caught a couple of rat reds and one nice speck. Moved back to lower Chocolate in the evening and fished the shell banks banks along the ship channel. A few small specks and sand trout again. Maybe I don't know what I'm doing but I'm giving up on Chocolate for the summer!!

NFIC!!!!!

Comment

Long Day in Chocolate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Karma's a beach.

Comment

Don't give up brother they're there you just have to find them

Comment

there was very little tide movement that day

Comment

Thanks for the report. Better luck next time!

Comment

What kinda bait were you using?

Comment

I figure with the heat, working the spoils along the ICW would be productive??? A slack tide never helps-sounds like you hit a variety but they just weren't doing much.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I tried a bunch of different plastics but spent most of the time with Gulp Shrimp. Usually works - but not that day!! Tried Dollar Reef and Moses Lake yesterday afternoon - same results.

Comment

I'm far up the bayou from Lutes, but I've been catching keeper reds under my lights at night. It's about 8' deep right in front of my dock and I've been catching them on the old tandem speck rigs bouncing it along the bottom. Now if you want some baby gar, just bring a net and scoop them off the surface.
                    Hello, My name is Anthony, and I'm a Chocoholic.

Comment

My luck this time of the year in west bay is hit or miss. I'm looking to go learn east matty and fish there in the summer.

I like to have at least some live shrimp or croaker on board just in case that's what they want. I'll throw the plastics while the girlfriend throws the live and see who does better. Then stick with the best for the day.

If it were me I would fish deep this time of year or wade somewhere where the deep is close by.

Comment

I admire your pluck .... fishing all day . I use to do that .. ain't it great !?
                        Keep at it . Every trip is a success if you look and learn .

East Matagorda can be tough in the summer . It's best in the winter , I believe . Fall and spring can be good .
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                        X