Chocolate Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Saturday

I met Plugger at the 2004 boat ramp at 6 for a beautiful sunrise. The water was pretty clean and it was warmer than I expected. It wasn't very windy so we put in the yaks and headed south. I was trying out a friend's yak, and I'm newbie, so Plugger took the lead. We went and worked the east shore with some tops. I got nothing, but Plugger reeled in a few. I decided I needed to switch to soft plastics but couldn't reach them and went to beach the boat. Since I was out of the yak anyway I went to relieve myself. When I turned back I could see the yak floating away so I made a run for it. I hit soft mud and sunk in past my knees! Plugger was in earshot and came to the rescue! I cut myself pretty well on the oysters but went back at it. We paddled around and started getting hits on chart gulps. Plugger landed a couple of keeper flounder and offered to let me keep them (since I was catching the big goose egg). I finally caught a keeper and handed it to him (his were bigger). The wind really started picking up, so we crossed to the west side, ate some lunch and started working that side.
    I was throwing some salt water assassins & assorted gulp shrimp and wasn't getting much play, so we crossed back to the East side fishing over sand. Plugger decided to explore a cove so I headed back to the gap where we caught the flounder and started using gulp under a popping cork. I caught about five undersized specks and then I caught a big saddle blanket of a flounder! I had a hard time getting it into my net. I was going to offer it to Plugger but couldn't find him and couldn't keep it since I already had 2 in the bag. Darn!!
    I caught one keeper speck and started working my back to the ramp. I paused to fish along the way, but by 12:30 I couldn't buy a bite. I worked my way back to the ramp and pulled out about one. Nice day fishing. I never did see Plugger again. I imagine he'll have a few good pics to post. I couldn't find my camera since I left it in my truck, so here's a picture of the one that got away.
    Attached Files
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Sound like fun, thanks for the report.

Comment

lol i ain't met anyone that can keep up with young plugger! Get you a stake out stick or make a cheap one out of old broom stick for nature calls it's a good thing you went with a buddy.Do we need to put a APB on that lic. plate!
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Sounded like a good day. thanks for the report.
        "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Comment

Sounds like a fun day......Thanks for the report!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

What a trip.

Congrats on the saddle blanket.

Comment

Very nice report , BRUCE !! I like that picture - HAR- HAR !! Well done for your first kayak trip . I'll post up soon .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I forgot to metion that Henry was quite intimidated by my superior equipment and kayaking skills, but he managed to suvive the trip in spite of it!
                Last edited by Curmudgeon; November 22, 2010, 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

good report
                  the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X