Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black drum is my guess.

Comment

If it was slow then I think it would be a ray. They feel like a log floating away. I caught several this morning

Comment

It's wuz one of those Tit for Tat long tailed flounder.......good thing it snap the line....nothing like a good pull
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Big Gar fo' sho'...
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
            So I'm fishin' from the dock on Thursday afternoon. I catch a rat red, then a hardhead, which went into the crab trap. Then I hooked something. It never slowed down, never sped up. It just kept going. There was no turning it. I do not think whatever it was even knew it was hooked. I jumped in the boat, untied, threw her in reverse, then into forward. All this while holding the bent over rod in my hand mind you. Then pop! I was completely spooled by the wraith. I surmise that it was a BIG bull shark, but others have said perhaps stingray. I would not have been surprised to see the Nautilus surface.
            fishin there the other week uncle had pole in the rod holder and the reel started ded screaming and as quick as it hit it snaped the rod handle in half bye bye fishin pole i wonder i think it was a mammoth drum
            Itching To Be Fishing!

Comment

yea,what he said
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Regardless, sounds like fun sandy.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I vote for mammoth drum too.
                  Caught quite a few over 40 inches and the really big ones just move like they never felt the hook set but your fishing line is a slow steady pull off the reel. A while back we put in at eagle point and went out to the Exxon rig and was free shrimping while my dad had a cork with shrimp about 6' down. We tore the trout up!!! but for every trout we caught we caught three to four drum. In the beginning it was fun but after a while you just wanted to cut the line so you could get back to the trout.

The most memorable moment is the one you never knew what he was though. I remember a blow up by the geo tubes. The wake of the blow up was about 5' around. Never got the hookset and he never came back. Yeaaa could have been a jack but could have been bubba too!

Never saw the fish but I'll never forget that blow up either.
                  Last edited by Race1Mopar; June 14, 2010, 01:36 PM.

Comment

A hump like a snow-hill!
                    MD??

Comment

Coach.. Last week we hooked a big ray right at the mouth of TT and it did the same thing

Comment

Gator.
                        Honk if you love Jesus.
                        Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

Big Black Drum

Comment

Ray

Comment

Was it a heavy duty rod? What lb test? Leader?

Comment

Wow, this thread is still goin' on? Williep and I were startled by a BIG gar yesterday. I've caught big gar. I do not think this was a gar at all. From all evidence it seems like it must have been a big ray.

Medium duty old fiberglass rod. 1974 model. 12 lb. test
                                From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
                                X