No announcement yet.

Karankawa Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the time for that place...but hey, you never know.

Just remember this...left, right, left when going in there. Haul ***, make sharp turns, and hug the shorelines.

I love that little lake.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Karankawa Lake is the devil. The lake is small and you need to be quiet. pull up to an area and just fish and be patient. When all the slap nuts start driving all over the lake with their outboards it shuts the fish down quick. use your TM as much as possible.

oh if you see this boat do not follow him.

Comment

Me and Sneekypete go in ther alot all the info you recieved is correct like they said hug the bank on the way in .
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

nice boat
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Y'all were right, that was semi-hairy. I wasn't over in that area at high tide but the Bud Light said it'd be alright.

Comment

How did you do?
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Bringing this thread back...I'm new to this forum...once you navigate through the cuts to get into the lake, how deep is it throughout the lake? Is it pretty clear to run around throughout or are there shallow areas to be worried about? I run a 19' bay boat and made it about half way up the cut and didn't try to make that last cut over where it gets deep on the right side of the channel...I think I could make it though looking on a map. I'm just not sure about running around in the lake once I get in.

Thanks.

Comment

You're fairly safe but there is the occasional oyster bed that may trip you up. I'd idle around in there the first few times till you get the feel of things. Give it a look on google earth as well.
                  Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

And watch out for newbies anchored in the channel near the first real hard left turn near the reefs... Can't tell how many times I've that!

Comment

Aint no fish in Krankawa! Not enough for that many boats!
                      West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Come September I wouldn't venture into any back water lake, marsh or shoreline until well after 10AM. This is for your own safety. We anglers live in fear of those duck hunters and BB's flying over our heads!

If you thought Trout fisherman were finicky about Potlickers... You haven't met a West End Waterfowler!
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

But wait Coe...aren't you a duck hunter, too?

Comment

Originally posted by SCHU View Post
                            But wait Coe...aren't you a duck hunter, too?
                            You better give me a 1 mi radius then because I am a Trout Fisherman & Duck Hunter
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

kinda like a double edge sword! Haha!

Comment

Dang it. I just sold my skiff and was ready to order a new one and now I see the mud motor video and am torn again

Comment

Working...
                                X