jones lake 2/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boom View Post
    Its a day by day thing for me. (semi retirement ) It looks likeI can do it now, but I won't know for sure untill monday.
    No way I can be on the water before 11:00, but was thinking about Southshore coves ...inparticularly a far West mini cove that I have semi close access to. Caught them there last year in early March, and with this warm weather we've been having I've been wanting to go try. Let me know, we can drive down, I've got the racks and I'm planning on going.
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Harborwalk is a private ramp only. I wish they would open it to the public now that Tiki is closed. The marina is open to the public by boat only though. Jones is a killer place to catch tons of Reds all season long. During the winter months it can produce some hefty Trout aswell. I have several from Jones in the 28 to 29" range, never busted 30 though. That diversionary Canal shoreline is an awesome wading spot fror Reds. During the fall the Flounder fishing is great too. Alot of bird action too during the fall. Just got to be careful navigating, its a very shallow bay. This use to be my back yard when I lived in Bayou Vista. Spent many many hours in this little bay. Summer time the personal water crafters can drive you nuts though LOL.

AQUA PIMP
      AQUA PIMP......
      "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

If the ramp at tiki is closed, you sure would think everyone would quit parking their empty trailers there. If anyone gets run off at teakwood, hollar and I will tell you where there is a ramp at my place down there.
        "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
        boom

Comment

Are they still launching there? I have been ran off twice now!!!!!! They were suppose to fence it in last weekend WTF

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

They were yesterday. What size boat are you splashing?
            boom

Comment

24' Kenner.

AQUA PIMP
              AQUA PIMP......

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Just gotta love Jones in the Winter. A little gut looking towards Bayou Vista from in front of Fatboys....and I made it!
                Attached Files
                Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

I'm definently game for a mothership-kayak fishing trip. Let me know and I'll try to get some time off. My job is pretty flexible about taking off a weekday on occasion. Shoot, I'm down for any yak fishing.

I've heard that harborwalk was private. That sucks as it would open up the area around Greens to kayaking without having a marathon paddle from Louis or the S. shore.

Comment

I'm going Monday afternoon and Boom said he's a maybe. Y'all want to hook up and go...let's do it!
                    Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

That would be sweet. I'll let you know... it is V-day weekend and the condo needs work, but I'll do some grovelling for a pass

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                        That would be sweet. I'll let you know... it is V-day weekend and the condo needs work, but I'll do some grovelling for a pass
                        Start celebrating it now and she'll be throwing you out the door by Sunday morning.
                        Don't be a Nancy!

Comment

Haha, good idea. Anything is poisionous in high enough does

Comment

Bad news....Teakwood ramp is closed now.

Good news..... there is a ramp across the street from my place at tiki if you can squeeze in.

Best news...... I know a dozen ways to get you thrown out of your house even if it's your aniversary.
                            boom

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
                              Bad news....Teakwood ramp is closed now.

Good news..... there is a ramp across the street from my place at tiki if you can squeeze in.

Best news...... I know a dozen ways to get you thrown out of your house even if it's your aniversary.
                              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

That best news is funny

Comment

Working...
                                X