8-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-29

went to matagorda beach on saturday evening after being talked into setting up some lights for the night. Get there around 5 and found a spot around 3 mile area and start plugging with nothing showing. Rafts and rafts of mullet lined the beach but nothing chasing. Nothing to show for the efforts but a 23" trout so far and then it was time to break out the light. Two hours with no life showing in the light. wtf? All the mullet was gone too. Drink more beer. About midnight, it comes to life and big time. 3 men fishing, 30 trout in the box by 2am. I can't remember the sizes of the other guys but I won big trout. 28" 8.7 pounds. I also had a 24, and a 23. The rest were 18"-20". Not a bad night after all. But no pics so it didn't happen.

Beach conditions. Man, talk about a rough ride getting down the beach. We tried to drive further down but the ol 250 was just a bit too heavy and didn't want to risk getting stuck. We were going to fish the beach till dark and then drive over to hog island area and wade once the sun went down but we canceled that idea when we saw the powder sand we would have to drive over to get there. It needs to rain big time down there soon.

good report disregard my PM!!!lol what were you throwin? croakers hahahahahahahaha
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

no croakers were harmed in this fishing trip

Comment

Nice job Gilbert, That sounds like a FAT 28"er!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
          good report disregard my PM!!!lol what were you throwin? croakers hahahahahahahaha
          I'm guessing he was throwing dead shrimp.
          Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

nice catching.congrats
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
            X