10/8 and 10/9 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/8 and 10/9 Report

Fished the TroutBlast Invitational in Matagorda the past two days, and probably should have stayed home. Scout day winds were gusting close to 30 mph. Water was so dirty it was orange, however we found Red's at Brown Cedar Flats, but had to grind for them due to the high tides. We only caught a few trout. Every cove and lake seemed to have had white caps. Tournament day, we decided to head west, but the winds were downright dangerous, so we did not make the crossing to the south shorleine and defered to Crab Lake. Found a few Reds in there, but before we knew it, the northern was bearing down on us. We beat it out of there and headed back to the Harbor. On the way I told my partner to watch out for logs in the ICW....soon after that statement, we both saw what we thought were logs, but they were actually Hogs....Ferrel Hogs that is. They were making the crossing from north to south. As soon as we entered the harbor the northern hit.

Great pics Mell Wader. Its been tough the last few days thats for sure. I think this front will be the one that gets thing rolling.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Tough fishing but some great pics....good job Mel!
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

SOunds like a tough trip Albert.....Great pics though.
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Sorry to hear about the bad fishing, but you sent some great pictures.
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Looking forward to the pics when I get home, all I see is red X's here at work.
            Winds have definitely been brutal, but at least ya'll tried!

Going Monday to have a look around! Been some GOOD trout when the weather allows.
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

tough conditions sound's like........water-logged hogs those are some nice pics.want see that for awhile.
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Cool Pics!! Glad you caught a few anyway!! I probably would have knocked one of those hogs in the head and made sausage!
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice photos!
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

same crap on Saturday. It was a waste of time but the beer's was cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                      what a drag!
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Thanks for the report and cool pictures.
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                          You just went with the wrong peeps!
                          Don't be a Nancy!
                          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                            You just went with the wrong peeps!

lets see, I didn't pay for gas, didn't drive, didn't pay for the beer, didn't drive home. I went with the right peeps.

Comment

Cool pics. What a hoot with the hogs!
                              Just mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter. If it matters you better mind!

Comment

Working...
                              X