East Matty 12/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Matty 12/14

Hit East Matty this morning hunting for that big girl, 3 of us worked the south shorline almost all day. My son, Bigfoot Goodwin, who is the most avid duck hunter and fisherman I've ever met. Bigfoot won big trout of the day, pictured. Tough day on the water, only 5 fish boxed.

We fished in the fog all day, I kept thinking all day, these conditions could be one of the most dangerous situations on the water. First, the boat ride in places visablity was less than a 25 yards, secondly, when wading having a boat run over you, is very possible. All I can say, be mindful of waders. Honestly, I was happy to get off the water safely today, It's crazy what we'll do to catch that trophy trout.

Guess the weight and size of Bigfoot's trout and I'll donate a video golf lesson with me at Sienna Plantation in my teaching center, Closest guess of size and weight wins
    Attached Files

23 1/2 4.5 lbs
    Nice job out there Neil and son. If I win, I will donate it to the Big Trout Tourney as an auction item as I can no longer swing a club with my back. The video lessons are the coolest thing I have ever seen for a golfer! It helped my swing immensely when I was playing! Having the lesson from you would only make it better!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

22 7/8 4lbs.......nice report anf trout
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

22 1/2 and 4 pounds. Do you actually think that you could teach me that game????? I'm not really all that coordinated.
        http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Solid 23.5"...4.25#'s!

East Maty has become one of my favorite bay systems for wading!
          Last edited by FlatoutFishin; December 15, 2009, 09:06 AM.
          Don't be a Nancy!
          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

24" 5.lbs, nice fishing.
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

22" 3.50# nice catchin'
              Beandaddy

Comment

nice trout
                Itching To Be Fishing!

Comment

25" 5.25#

Comment

24.5" 6#
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

3.75 lbs
                      nice fish. what were they hitting on? i agree, the fog is freaky there.
                      michelle

Comment

Nice report and some nice pictures Thanks for sharing
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

nice trout.23 1/2 5.25 lbs
                          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by Nwilkins View Post
                            Hit East Matty this morning hunting for that big girl, 3 of us worked the south shorline almost all day. My son, Bigfoot Goodwin, who is the most avid duck hunter and fisherman I've ever met. Bigfoot won big trout of the day, pictured. Tough day on the water, only 5 fish boxed.

We fished in the fog all day, I kept thinking all day, these conditions could be one of the most dangerous situations on the water. First, the boat ride in places visablity was less than a 25 yards, secondly, when wading having a boat run over you, is very possible. All I can say, be mindful of waders. Honestly, I was happy to get off the water safely today, It's crazy what we'll do to catch that trophy trout.

Guess the weight and size of Bigfoot's trout and I'll donate a video golf lesson with me at Sienna Plantation in my teaching center, Closest guess of size and weight wins
                            26 and 6 1/4 lbs
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by michelle View Post
                              3.75 lbs
                              nice fish. what were they hitting on? i agree, the fog is freaky there.
                              michelle

We threw everything at them, didn't really get any action till late and navigating back in the fog and dark was not what I wanted to do, so we loaded in the boat around 430 and headed in, all the fish were caught between 400 and 430 on Black/char TT assassins. The Fatty was caught at 415 in waist deep water on the south shoreline on the west end of E Matty. We put in in Sargeant, took an hour to get in.

Comment

Working...
                              X