2-19-2010 east matagorda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-19-2010 east matagorda

Listening to the 610 AM outdoors show at 4 AM , Friday ,getting ready to fish with THE SHALLOWIST, STEVE SOULE', I got concerned about the mass of rain clouds on the radar heading up the coast that they were reporting. I called Steve and he said , after looking at the radar, that he didn't think it would be a problem based on his experience. OK, I said , and sure enough we only got a few rain drops on the road. We launched at Charlie's bait Camp on Caney Creek with overcast clouds, E and SE winds up to 18 MPH, water 56 degrees, decent water movement, varying degrees of greenish water on the south shoreline and varying derees of brown water on the north shoreline. We headed to the south shore around 8 AM and cruised the shore slowly looking for bait. We saw waders in the usual spots and loons and pelicans here and there. We waded some areas.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Continued

We waded the Oyster Farm with bait present, but no strikes. Went farther west to Hog Island and Cain Cove . Wading, Steve picked up a 20 1/4 " red on a pink fatboy. While drifting the shore to see if we could locate fish, I landed a 16 " trout.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Continued

We waded Cain Cove after that boat left and Steve went way down the shore to become a little speck. I stayed closer and got a carbon copy red like Steve had. I met him with the boat as he was heading back and he had a fat 22 " red with him. We did some wading before that stop , dropping one off and motoring down 150 yards , anchoring, then wading for the other to pick up the boat and repeat.
      Attached Files

Comment

Continued

Here's my red.
        Attached Files

Comment

Continued

We went back to the Oyster Farm. He fished the lee side and I fished the major cut. Bait around, but no fish.
          Attached Files

Comment

Continued

We headed to the Bird Refuge with an hour and a half before sunset with dark clouds off to the north. We drifted brown water wishing we had stayed on the south side until we left
            Attached Files

Comment

END

We got back to the launch and by the time we got everything stowed away and left, it was dark. Thanks Steve for the pointers, good company, and pleasant conversation to and from.
              Attached Files

Comment

This is overkill i propose that plugger have his camera confiscated and be sent to a fishing asylum for overzealous waders...keep'um coming Henry..........don't mind me i had one to many last night
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Been there, got a call from " THE INSTITUTE " reminding me to take my medication.

Comment

Thanks for the report and pics.
                    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Good yob Henry... You didn't hit the honey hole by chance did you...?
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

nice report and pics.congrats on the catch
                        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Nice report Henry!
                          sigpic
                          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
                            Good yob Henry... You didn't hit the honey hole by chance did you...?

Yep, Steve already knew about that. Didn't pull anything out of it. It was a tough day. Seems like fishing has been hard lately. When are we going ? Looks like maybe another iffy weekend with this hard cold front blasting threw tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                              Yep, Steve already knew about that. Didn't pull anything out of it. It was a tough day. Seems like fishing has been hard lately. When are we going ? Looks like maybe another iffy weekend with this hard cold front blasting threw tomorrow.
                              Yes sir a cooled day tomorrow...? When is it going to end...!
                              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                              X