• Show
Clear All

That's what I'm talking about!

Comment

Awesome report. Thanks.

Comment

Wow, what a grind....good job guys!

Comment

Great report and story guys. Remember what I said about night time...still gotta have the other factors in your favor or it's just more casting practice. Always adds to the adventure though.
          http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mell Wader View Post
            Wow, what a grind....good job guys!

I still hurt all over from that trip !!
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

We had everything about as perfect for nighttime fishing as you could get. 4 days either side of a full moon, high tide with bait all balled up on a shell ridge on an outfall drain with a slowly outgoing tide and no boats on the water and water trout green to a tea color.No bugs, no boat traffic and some good reports of good trout being caught in the near vicinity.Sometimes they just don't want to eat.I threw corkys, big corky devils and topwaters and bass assains.Heck I'm always needing casting practice in the middle of the night anyways...I love it and will be out there next full moon as well, no matter the conditions or anything else, most likely by myself.Something about having the entire bay to yourself for 5-6 hours without all the jetski/kiyak/boating community buzzing all around.

Comment

wtg guys!
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
                  We had everything about as perfect for nighttime fishing as you could get. 4 days either side of a full moon, high tide with bait all balled up on a shell ridge on an outfall drain with a slowly outgoing tide and no boats on the water and water trout green to a tea color.No bugs, no boat traffic and some good reports of good trout being caught in the near vicinity.Sometimes they just don't want to eat.I threw corkys, big corky devils and topwaters and bass assains.Heck I'm always needing casting practice in the middle of the night anyways...I love it and will be out there next full moon as well, no matter the conditions or anything else, most likely by myself.Something about having the entire bay to yourself for 5-6 hours without all the jetski/kiyak/boating community buzzing all around.
                  Sounds like pretty good conditions. Last time Henry and I talked, he was asking about night fishing. I mentioned a few condition pieces that I like. Still want a pressure change or a minor or major period to cooincide with my wade. There's just never a way to be sure but to be there and check. My schedule the last few years hasn't allowed near as many night wades. Catch the sunrise and sunsets when I can, but the all nighters seem fairly distant in my memory.
                  http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Great report and pic's Henry.My phone didn't ring.lol.Some of us did well the other night but we stayed in the boat.
                    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Great read Henry! There is no harder worker out there than you are. Nice overall catch. The time / return ratio needs a little work but end result was great.
                      If we don't leave any, there won't be any.

Comment

HAR !! Yeah , it hasn't been very efficient . But , I keep plugging along .
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

dang good report men
                          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Great report Plugger. Nice series of pics as well. I've never done any night fishing, but it looks like it was worth it. Good hard fun!
                            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                            X