out west with 2 beauties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out west with 2 beauties

I had 2 wonderful lady friends fish with me on Saturday Ms.Michelle and Ms. Julie.The action was HOT N HEAVY, with plenty of BS to go around, but the fishing was a little slow.We started out on a ridge where I had picked up some good fish last weekend.The bait was there and had a decent tide moving we just couldn't get a bite.Made a move to some coves and fished some drop-offs near some good grass and sand pockets and had a couple nibblets still no fish.Ended up on a nice little flat for an afternoon wade and we got 4 trout and a nice red while missing others and had a few throwbacks.All in all it was a beautiful day on the water with good company.Once the fronts start backing off and are not so frequent the bite should be on in the areas I have been concentrating,there are a ton of bait fish in the area.

Nice report and great company im sure
    NK
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post

I'm sorry I didn't think to get a picture of the girls I was fishing with...my mistake..

Comment

Thanks for the report!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

You go rick,now i no who got my spot on the boat,i guess its better to be bumped off by a lady .
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
              You go rick,now i no who got my spot on the boat,i guess its better to be bumped off by a lady .

Yea, you ain't gonna believe what you'll have to do to get back on the boat....I hope your good with direction.....lol

Comment

LOL were you gunna send me,to all the cuts.LOL
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Originally posted by Sneekypete View Post
                  I'm sorry I didn't think to get a picture of the girls I was fishing with...my mistake..
                  You didnt really have 2 girls on your boat, did you??

No pics, no proof. Ha ha just kiddin man.

Comment

Originally posted by 45 ACP View Post
                    You didnt really have 2 girls on your boat, did you??

No pics, no proof. Ha ha just kiddin man.

Yea, I tricked'em I told them we were going fishing...
                    Heck those 2 gals can hold there own with any fishing DUDE,their welcome on my boat anytime.

Comment

thanks for the report rick. If it all goes right, I should be in matty this weekend chasing a few and maybe fishing if I have time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                        thanks for the report rick. If it all goes right, I should be in matty this weekend chasing a few and maybe fishing if I have time.
                        Give me a shout gilbert I'll be down there all weekend most likely.Keep in mind the locks could be shut down at any time by the contractor if your wanting to fish west bay.I have been launching at a private ramp up the river.Heard report of some boats being stranded and not able to get through the locks when coming back.

Comment

I forgot about the work on the locks going on. I think we will head to east just to avoid being locked in. We will be launching from the harbor.

Comment

I talked to the Lock Master last Friday and he said they would be working on the locks till the end of April.He also said he don't know the work schedule so they could be open part of the day and then closed.He told me it was up to the contractor when they were closed, but could be at any time.I also spoke with a Guide who fished west bay on Saturday and he made it back, but had his wife on standby to come get him and his boat at another ramp if he didn't make it.With all the uncertainty I've been launching up river and making the long run down river only 8 miles difference, but it a sure thing.Not alot of boats in west bay due to the locks situation...water is beautiful and the bay is full of bait.

Comment

I am pretty sure I know where you are launching from then. Co-worker has a place in there. I'll let him know I'll be stopping by to visit if we go west.

supposed to be a good day for friday. I hope it holds.

FRIDAY
                              SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS BECOMING EAST IN THE
                              AFTERNOON. BAY WATERS SMOOTH. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
                              THUNDERSTORMS.

FRIDAY NIGHT
                              NORTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 KNOTS INCREASING TO 10 TO
                              15 KNOTS AFTER MIDNIGHT. BAY WATERS SMOOTH INCREASING TO SLIGHTLY
                              CHOPPY AFTER MIDNIGHT.

SATURDAY
                              EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. BAY WATERS SLIGHTLY
                              CHOPPY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.

Comment

Working...
                              X