New boat owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boat owner

After 2 years of just using a kayak, I am now the proud owner of a '95 16ft alumaweld center console, with a '95 yamaha 40 hp. I am really pleased with the boat, overall its in good shape, and I think I got a really good deal on it. The motor fires right up, I took it out on saturday, everytime I went to make a move, I just clicked the key, no choke, and it always fired right up. I got a few issues I need to deal with, but thats with any used boat. Anyway heres a pic of the boat, tell me what yall think.
    Attached Files

Looks good!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

congrats
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Awesome! You can get in some shallow stuff with that bad boy!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice!
          Resident Ninja

Comment

Now you just need to go out & slime it up.
            Today is a new day!!

Comment

Ya'll enjoy it.I have a 16ft with a 96 40hp yamaha.Caught plent of fish out of it.

Comment

Very cool. My first ride was a jon boat as well. Caught a lot of fish, had some good conversations and plenty of cold beer.

Enjoy it and post some pics of your catches in it.

Comment

Congrats on the nice looking boat!! Great set-up.
                  Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Man, looks really good! You got a great deal. So what are the issues besides the lights?
                    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

1) the trim is pretty slow going up, not sure what the problem is there, if I checked the right bolt its got plenty of fluid.

2) the seals leak a little on the two smaller cylinders.

3) yesterday after fishing I put it into reverse to back away from the dock, and it made a grinding noise when I gave it throttle, without actually moving much, reverse worked fine when getting it off the trailer, and back here at the house. The guy had just put a new shift cable on it himself, and he said he thought it wasn't adjusted quite right, I think it might actually be pushing the shift lever back too far. My buddy also told me sometimes on those older motors you gotta slam it into gear. I'm hoping its not stripped out or something.

Anyway I got a little slime on it on the maiden voyage, caught 2 keeper trout

also any of yall know what the red line on that motor might be?

Comment

Nice boat Alex!

Comment

Now that You have a boat, get used to pulling Your wallet out...........just sayin'. Have fun!!!!
                          Beandaddy

Comment

Nice rig. Perfect for the bays and shallow water. Good Luck with it.

Comment

That is a redfishing MACHINE right there!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X