Proper batteyr for your boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper batteyr for your boat

Well the ol "Nutt Deep" wouldn't start for me last Saturday. It wasnt getting any fire to the plugs. I have put 150 hours on her since June. I went to the Al Gore creation called the intraweb and did a little research. I found out that my 115hp Optimax requires 800 CCA(cold cranking amps). Further research told me that without the required amps the motor will turn over and also activate the fuel pump. But without enough juice it will not fire off the ignition system. So I looked around and considered buying the top of the line Optma battery. Further research told me that it needs to be a starting battery and not a deep cycle battery. I decided to go to the battery shop "Eagle Battery" and found a 800CCA battery for 39 bucks with exchange. The battery in it was only 550 CCA and had been run down a few times and recharged. Anyway after four hours of cleaning up the horrible wiring job under my console I put the new battery in and it fired right up with much more speed on the starter. So if you ever get in this situation READ the OWNERS MANUAL where it tells you what kind of battery it requires.. Im going back and buy a few back up batteries and bring my other two to the house for automobile back up. Check out eagle batteries if you want to save some cash. They also have the Optimas for $179 if you just want to spend it.
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Who reads the owner's manual? LOL! Glad you got everything sorted out!
    Resident Ninja

Comment

Agree with both statements, Golden Eagle battery rocks & must have proper battery for starting. Same thing happened to a buddies boat, weak battery would not fire plugs.
      Posted via Mobile Device
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
        Who reads the owner's manual? LOL! Glad you got everything sorted out!
        Exactly I usually throw them in the trash along withe the instructions!! Drives my wife crazy. I found the owners manual online! Thanks Al Gore for creating that intraweb thingy!!
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Awesome! Mine has issues starting when it gets really cold. I may need to visit eagle as well. Glad you got it remedied for 39 bucks!
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
            Who reads the owner's manual?
            I read em when all else fails.lol
            Posted via Mobile Device
            Today is a new day!!

Comment

Glad i could be of help...... eagle rocks!
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                Awesome! Mine has issues starting when it gets really cold. I may need to visit eagle as well. Glad you got it remedied for 39 bucks!
                Get ya one and change it out when the other one wont start it and see what happens. If nothing else you have a spare. I keep two spare batteries on board. You never know!
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
                X