trim motor will not go up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trim motor will not go up

This morning when i went downstarirs, they boat motor was trimmed all the way up and running, I got it to go back down, but now will not go up, What would have made trim motor go up on its own?

Water in the trim/tilt switch......

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

X2 you got a short in it from all the rain yesterday I bet. Call Evans and let him fix it.
      I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

Yes, since it rained all last night, maybe when it dries out, it willl go up? Thanks Aqua Pimp

Comment

You might try and spray some WD-40 to help get the moisture out. I ended up having to replace the one on my Mercury a few years ago. It would start trimming up while running and just sitting in the driveway. My mechanic told me it got water in the switch causing it to short out.

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

You could try to spray some wd40 in switch to help disipate the water, you may have damaged the relay also from running a long time, try switching relays & see if it will go up, if still nothing, contact Evans Marine.
            Today is a new day!!

Comment

If it doesn't dry out you may have a bad trim tilt relay. If you do your repairs switch the wire on the relay if goes up but not down it's the relay.
              "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
                You could try to spray some wd40 in switch to help disipate the water, you may have damaged the relay also from running a long time, try switching relays & see if it will go up, if still nothing, contact Evans Marine.

X2.
                KEEP IT WET..

Comment

If it is a Yamaha, they are notorious about getting water in the switch and then keep running. If Yamaha it is the Solenoid, and switch. The Solenoid contact melts and wont allow to trim in the position it was stuck, and the contacts on the switch generally weld together on cowling. You can un plug the switch or replace it. Let me know what motor you have and I can get you better info.
                  Bryan Evans

Boat Werx of Texas
                  (AKA Evans Marine Services)
                  4340 19th St.
                  Bacliff, Texas 77518
                  http://evansmarine.net
                  http://boatwerxtx.com
                  main@boatwerxtx.com
                  281-559-BOAT (2628)

Comment

Working...
                  X