Alarm while running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alarm while running

Todah while I was running, a high pitched alarm came on. I recently replaced the thermostats and water pump so I am almost positive the alarm is not because of that. I refilled the oil tank and tried it out. When I hit just past 2000rpm the alarm sounded. It doesnt go off while just barely cruising but while trying to get on plane. If y'all have any ideas of what be causing this alarm, all the help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    rackemup

First thing I would recommend is to give us more info on what you got, what kind of boat & motor?
    Today is a new day!!

Comment

Constant or beeping alarm?
      Today is a new day!!

Comment

I got a 192 Bay Scout by Scout boats and a 1999 Yamaha V-Max 150

Comment

It was a constant alarm

Comment

Check you oil fill switch

Comment

where would the oil fill switch be located?

Comment

on you engine there is a plastic container with oil in it the is a switch on the cap and sometimes it goes out when going past 2000 rpm for it's running on safe. Also check your trip switch it the sensor thinks you engine is up it will go into safe mode

Comment

I found a switch on the back side of the engine which is for the emergency oil use while running but the switch is spring-loaded and wont stay put. I couldn't find the switch on the cap or the trip switch

Comment

Take out thermostats and try it. Might have built up deposits like I had restricing water flow. Been running 2 years without them on advice of Acie's. One day I will need a roto-rooter job.
                    Scott
                    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Working...
                    X