Anchor Winch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anchor Winch

Has anyone had experience with an electric anchor winch? I would appreciate your thoughts on this. I have a 17ft CC/90hp. After decades of lifting anchors I am looking for an easier way.

Bonito

Best thing would be to build a rig with a big orange buoy, 3 ft of rope, and a large stainless ring that clips on to bottom of rope with other end tied to buoy. Open the stainless ring tied to rope and close it around anchor rope. Throw buoy, tethered to anchor line, over board and drive off at a 45 degree angle.... The anchor rope will slide through the ring at the bottom of the buoy until the shank of said anchor slide through the ring under buoy........ Now your anchor is hanging 3 feet below the buoy and just simply drive towards buoy picking up slack line on the way...... Let the boat do the work for you.

Will try to get pics on of mine so you can grasp what I am talking about.

Comment

To give u an idea...

Not the one I have but does the same thing in the same way. Only thing different is the clip/ring.

We all know that after the third time of just pullthe anchor and we will try to reset it one last time, you are beat and not going to be on your "A" Game if ...

Comment

Working...
      X